Let's hear what everyone has to say after playing around with iOS 5 for a few minutes...

Likes???

Dislikes???
    10-12-2011 01:10 PM
    I like it but as a few insiders have mentioned, the changes are not as obvious as we might have expected. There are a TON of changes but many of them are quite discreet, behind the scenes.

- works absolutely fine on iP4, no performance issues like some geniuses have assured us

UNLIKES (not enough to Dislike!)
    - LED notification is only for phone calls
    - Newsstand app can't be hidden in an app folder, it stays on top, so I have to shove it over to a blank page to get it out of my face (seems everything on Newsstand requires $ subscriptions)
    - iCloud interesting but requires a .ME email account, last thing I need is more email addresses
    - continuing inability to fundamentally change the "look": no themes, skins, or other ways to get beyond the 4 year old standard gray-blue background (I know I know, I should have an Android...)
    Last edited by alphasportstv; 10-12-2011 at 01:35 PM.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    10-12-2011 01:32 PM
    I like it but as a few insiders have mentioned, the changes are not as obvious as we might have expected. There are a TON of changes but many of them are quite discreet, behind the scenes.

- works absolutely fine on iP4, no performance issues like some geniuses have promised

- Newstand app can't be hidden in an app folder, stays on top, so I shove it over to a blank page to get it out of my face (everything on Newstand requires $ subscriptions)
    - iCloud interesting but requires a .ME email account, last thing I need is more email adresses
    - continuing inability to fundamentally change the "look": no themes, skins, or other ways to get beyond the 4 year old standard gray-blue background (I know I know, I should have an Android...)
    iCloud doesn't require a me.com address to get most functions. You only need me.com if you want to use icloud for sharing email.

As for the performance issues, i'd say spend a week with a 4S and then you'd notice going back. It's all relative to your experience.
    10-12-2011 01:36 PM
    Like: The new Notifications and SIRI.
    Dislike: They didn't make Multi-Tasking better, like such as webOS.
    10-12-2011 01:40 PM
    Don't like the fact that my friends have to be updated to iOS 5 to use iMessage. Many are jailbroken on 4.33 and not planning on getting iOS 5 yet.
    10-12-2011 02:02 PM
    Like: The new Notifications and SIRI.Dislike: They didn't make Multi-Tasking better, like such as webOS.
    I thought SIRI wasn't coming in the iOS5 for the iPhone4?????

If it does then that is a nice bonus!!!!
    Last edited by BIG CAT #7; 10-12-2011 at 03:04 PM.
    10-12-2011 02:56 PM
    I thought you could access the camera on the lock screen with iOS 5. I downloaded, installed it, and I can't access it from the lock screen.
    10-12-2011 03:00 PM
    I thought you could access the camera on the lock screen with iOS 5. I downloaded, installed it, and I can't access it from the lock screen.
    While the phone is locked double tap the home button. I think it should pop up then..
    vthokies likes this.
    10-12-2011 03:04 PM
    I don't care for the fact that Newsstand cannot be put in a folder.
    10-12-2011 03:53 PM
    I don't care for the fact that Newsstand cannot be put in a folder.
    Maybe that will be addressed in a future update???
    10-12-2011 04:02 PM
    Besides the notification center, not really impressed at all. Nothing GROUND BREAKING at all. The camera app on lock screen is nice, but other than that, it's "meh"
    10-12-2011 04:03 PM

- works absolutely fine on iP4, no performance issues like some geniuses have assured us

- Newsstand app can't be hidden in an app folder, it stays on top, so I have to shove it over to a blank page to get it out of my face (seems everything on Newsstand requires $ subscriptions)
    - iCloud interesting but requires a .ME email account, last thing I need is more email addresses
    LED's aren't only for phone calls. It happens for texts too, I don't pay attention to them for anything else thought.
    10-12-2011 04:05 PM
    Maybe that will be addressed in a future update???
    better be!
    10-12-2011 04:08 PM
    Now we can hide keyboard and view whole SMS conversation now.
    vthokies likes this.
    10-12-2011 04:09 PM
    Camera and photo apps
    Tweeting photos and articles
    Synching
    iCloud (even though I wish it had a lot more space than 5 gb)

Dislikes:
    Newsstand
    Annoying passcode prompts
    No variety of themes
    10-12-2011 04:10 PM
    The only thing i do not like is that when you get a text you can easily forget its there because theres no icon at the top after it clears
    10-12-2011 04:19 PM
    Hey guys, so Siri does work with an ip4 with ios5? I heard a rumor it would be 4s only. Good to hear!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-12-2011 04:37 PM
    soemthing annoying about newstand is when i click on it just to look at the list of magazines i am subscribed to but dont click on any of the magazines and turn off it still is "running" behind the scene. i can see it if i click the home button twice. thats just lazy of apple engineers. basically the newstand app which is nothing but a piece of shelf is apparently an "app" too.

if i click on the magazines and then get out...now there r two apps running...the newstand and the magazine
    10-12-2011 04:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD