iOS 5 has landed! How is your download / install going?

Dockery

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I have nothing but issues. I have Error 3194
Even called Apple care and they have no idea.
if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated

I have done the following:
1.reset
2. made sure iTunes 10.5 is installed
3. Made sure I had the most up to date iOS on my phone
4. disabled my firewall + security

I had the same problem with Windows 7 (not sure if you have the same). I switched to the macbook pro, downloaded Lion and iTunes update and tried again.

This time it gave me a code of 3004, and when I looked at the documentation it recommended flushing the cache. Afterwards it worked fine on a 3GS.

I am now switching back to the Windows 7 computer to restore the data, but it appears as though it has worked.

Ciocapock

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem with Windows 7 (not sure if you have the same). I switched to the macbook pro, downloaded Lion and iTunes update and tried again.

This time it gave me a code of 3004, and when I looked at the documentation it recommended flushing the cache. Afterwards it worked fine on a 3GS.

I am now switching back to the Windows 7 computer to restore the data, but it appears as though it has worked.

Maybe question stupid... What cache should we flush? And how?
Thanks...

Last edited:

Dockery

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Maybe question stupid... What cache should we flush? The browser's one?
Thanks...

That would be my guess. The MAC command is: dscacheutil -flushcache ran from the OSX command line.

I would suggest flushing the browser cache (of what ever browser you are using).

Just a hunch.

However since the downloads came from 2 different sources at two different times it might be a wild goose chase, but it didn't work on the MAC until I flushed it, then it worked fine.

iris168

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
ahhh my mac updated just fine, icloud running and all, but my ipad (first generation) keeps sending me an error that it cant restore, does anyone hv the same problem???

Ciocapock

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
That would be my guess. The MAC command is: dscacheutil -flushcache ran from the OSX command line.

I would suggest flushing the browser cache (of what ever browser you are using).

Just a hunch.

However since the downloads came from 2 different sources at two different times it might be a wild goose chase, but it didn't work on the MAC until I flushed it, then it worked fine.

I want to try, but, as I'm new to Mac world, where should I put the command? OSX command line: no idea of what it is...
PLease heeeeeelp! Thanks...

Dockery

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I want to try, but, as I'm new to Mac world, where should I put the command? OSX command line: no idea of what it is...
PLease heeeeeelp! Thanks...

Open applications>utilities>Terminal

(Applications is on the dock)

Make sure you quit iTunes completely before you type in the command. Then restart iTunes.

Corey

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Done! After hitting the update button after every 3200 error, it finally took. iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV are all updated. That was a huge pain in the butt.

Dockery

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Open applications>utilities>Terminal

(Applications is on the dock)

Make sure you quit iTunes completely before you type in the command. Then restart iTunes.

Went to do the 32G 3GS, and this time I got the "internal error" message. Did the exact same thing, and now it's taking.

Just a heads up.

Ciocapock

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Done! After hitting the update button after every 3200 error, it finally took. iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV are all updated. That was a huge pain in the butt.

I'm not so lucky... My 5th try ended in a complete reset of my iPhone. It's still backing up...
As the servers are busy, iTunes couldn't communicate to check the software and just erase everything.

EDIT: It installed iOS 5... It's still recovering all the apps... I'm happy I only have 1 device... I couldn't stand this shock one more time...

Thanks for your support! ^___^ :)

Last edited:

Corey

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm not so lucky... My 5th try ended in a complete reset of my iPhone. It's still backing up...
As the servers are busy, iTunes couldn't communicate to check the software and just erase everything.

Keep trying, it'll hit eventually. It was well over ten times before it took on the iPad. Hope it catches for you soon!

Manchild Pr0digy

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Started the the iOS5 download around 4:00 PM EST. Download was extremely so. Got to the 300+ MB point and the server timed out. I started over, but the server timed out again. Screw it. I don't have time for this. Maybe Apple should've beefed up their servers before pushing all of these updates.

Ciocapock

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Started the the iOS5 download around 4:00 PM EST. Download was extremely so. Got to the 300+ MB point and the server timed out. I started over, but the server timed out again. Screw it. I don't have time for this. Maybe Apple should've beefed up their servers before pushing all of these updates.

Exactly! They should have known that all the world was going to update to iOS 5 and at the same time!
That's so un-Apple...

I think I lost 3 years of my life tonight...
:(

pgood4

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
The instructions on clearing the cache from the terminal window worked for me. I tried the update at least 10 times and was left in recovery mode. This cache reset worked right away and I'm now updated and restored.

Ciocapock

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
The instructions on clearing the cache from the terminal window worked for me. I tried the update at least 10 times and was left in recovery mode. This cache reset worked right away and I'm now updated and restored.

When I got those instructions I was already on my 5th try... I wish I read them before...

Manchild Pr0digy

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Exactly! They should have known that all the world was going to update to iOS 5 and at the same time!
That's so un-Apple...

I think I lost 3 years of my life tonight...
:(

It probably wouldn't have been a bad idea to stagger the downloads. Start with the OS X update today and maybe save the iOS5 update for Friday to coincide with the iPhone 4S release. I don't know. I'm not an IT guy, but somebody had to have figured this would happen.

Dockery

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site

:D Excellent, are you using a MAC, or a PC?