iOS 5 has landed! How is your download / install going?

Netherscourge

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
17 minutes and counting.

(Doing this at work - so all my stuff is getting wiped off my iPod. But it's all backed up at home anyway. I prefer clean installs.)

drarif

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
guyz i have the ios 5 GM on my iphone. now when i connect it to itunes and look for an update,its telling "this version of the ios(5.0) is the current version". what do i do to get the official one??

Netherscourge

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
guyz i have the ios 5 GM on my iphone. now when i connect it to itunes and look for an update,its telling "this version of the ios(5.0) is the current version". what do i do to get the official one??

That is the official version. You have the exact same version we're downloading.

You won't see an update until iOS 5.1.0 comes out. (or whatever they call it)

Reactions: drarif

aggieastrosfan

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Doing the phone on DH's computer for his phone - 16 minutes or so left, not too bad. Doing iPad on mine - 78 minutes. :(. And the phone version is bigger, have no idea how his is going to finish faster! Then again, it is at 24 minutes now. Sigh.

Netherscourge

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
The masses are attacking it now.

I started off at 17min remaining, have half of it downloaded according to the progress bar, and now I'm showing 30 min remaining...

EvilJack

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Mine was going swimmingly until about 1:25p EST when the masses must have hit Apple. It's been stuck on 12 minutes left since then. argh.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen