Newsstand "Store" button goes live!

Rodeoz

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
awesome, thanks! not many mags yet but my first is: Sidewalk (skateboard magazine)

Yeah. I guess I was too excited to see the button go live that I did not notice there were only a handful of mags right now (and not "quite a lot"). Hopefully more should follow. Downloading a few random ones now.

Pjr772

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
It went live for me but doesn't add them to newsstand. It adds them as individual apps on my home screen. Something I am missing?

Rodeoz

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
It went live for me but doesn't add them to newsstand. It adds them as individual apps on my home screen. Something I am missing?

Some of them are added as individual apps for me as well. While some (like Inside Saturday) are added to the Newsstand as magazines. I believe it will be sorted out by Apple shorty.

Reactions: Lbun2

gregorypleau

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't seem to work for me in Canada. Even after restarting the Newsstand App.
This better not be one of those launches everywhere in the world but Canada things again. I'm gonna be some kind of ticked if I have a useless icon I can't delete from the home screen.

Rodeoz

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't seem to work for me in Canada. Even after restarting the Newsstand App.
This better not be one of those launches everywhere in the world but Canada things again. I'm gonna be some kind of ticked if I have a useless icon I can't delete from the home screen.

It has gone live in India (which is one of last places which gets Apple stuff). So I believe it should have gone live in Canada.

Try restarting your phone (not just the newsstand app). That has worked for some.

Reactions: gregorypleau

gregorypleau

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
It has gone live in India (which is one of last places which gets Apple stuff). So I believe it should have gone live in Canada.

Try restarting your phone (not just the newsstand app). That has worked for some.

Good call. Full reboot of the iPhone brought the Store Button goodness. Thanks!

diamonddialogue

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
The apps that are Newsstand compatible are more rectangular than normal rounded-square apps look. I think it's just a matter of the apps being updated.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2