I would love to be able ot have my ringer off when i go to sleep but be able to hear my alarms to wake me. Is there any possibilities on ios5 like that. Ringer off/ or on vibrate but have alerts or alarms on full volume. I don't have a extra phone laying around to try out my ideas. I know we have a sound volume in the multitasking bar next to the ipod controls thats different from the sounds volume.

Josh
    10-12-2011 05:13 AM
    Go ahead and mute the phone with the switch. This does not silence the alarm.
    MustangLife likes this.
    10-12-2011 05:31 AM
    Go ahead and mute the phone with the switch. This does not silence the alarm.
    Ok, that was my first thought but I couldn't test it myself. I appreciate it Tim

PS. Seems like me and you are 2 of the few that are always on here in the wee hours of the night. I think we're both Iphone addicts and need help, lol.

Josh
    10-12-2011 05:32 AM
    I always put my phone on silent before I go to bed and the alarm always goes off.
    10-12-2011 05:39 AM
    Ok, that was my first thought but I couldn't test it myself. I appreciate it Tim

PS. Seems like me and you are 2 of the few that are always on here in the wee hours of the night. I think we're both Iphone addicts and need help, lol.

Josh
    You could test it by setting an alarm for a minute from now and muting your phone to see if it does in fact go off. Just saying.
    10-12-2011 06:44 AM
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    10-12-2011 06:51 AM

Josh
    I'm living in Malaysia, so it's the middle of my day I am guilty of being an addict though...
    10-12-2011 06:55 AM
    You could test it by setting an alarm for a minute from now and muting your phone to see if it does in fact go off. Just saying.
    I didn't need to test it once I got the reply from Timhewitt. Its 7am and I haven't went to bed cause I'm upset my girlfriends Iphone4 that I'm exchanging friday for a 4S got stolen. So my brain was crapped out cause its so late and I had a doctors appointment. So I wasn't in the mood for testing and this and that. Know what I mean.
    10-12-2011 07:34 AM
    Little something to remember when putting the phone to silent overnight.

Turn off vibrate in Settings -> Sounds or the text, email, facebook tones will be replaced with a very relaxing (NOT) buzz.
    diamonddialogue likes this.
    10-12-2011 10:28 AM
    Hey thanks. Good to know.
    10-12-2011 10:35 AM
    Really ? Thats our only solution? I am a X Samsung user and the more I find these little annoying things out about the Iphone the more irritated I get that I got this thing! I had to keep using my old Samsung as my alarm because my stupid Iphone6 can't have different volume levels for inger/alarm. Plus if you have a
    meeting the next day and you have your phone on silent the calendar
    alerts won't sound only vibrate! DUMB! Talk about taking me back to Samsung Galaxy 1 days!

Who wants to flip a switch every night before bed? Then possibly forget it? Then if you have a early morning meeting it won't alert you because your phone is on silent. At least the samsung had 4 different Volume options for different things. Different volume levels for ringer , alerts, alarms and audio/graphics. Apple is YEARS behind ! Then you can't just buy a song on itunes and select an option to make it your ringtone. You have to go threw all these hoops on your desktop to make it a ringtone! A samsung you just buy a song click a button on your phone and its your ringtone! Simple ! Now I am stuck with this out dated piece of crap for 2 years!

- Angry new iphone user..
    06-18-2015 05:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD