With notification center when you get the top pop up alert like a text that you can either click on or wait to go away in 10 seconds with no x option to make it go away. Well playing around with it i figured out you can actually swipe left on that pop up and it disappears. I don't know what you would consider it a hidden feature but It took me 6 days of ios5 to figure that out. I'm sure some of you were curious how to make that top pop up go away. Hope this helps. I bet I can find more little tips with enough playing.

Josh

PS Also in the camera app before or after you take a picture. You can swipe from left to right and it will open your camera roll. Apple put so many features in this software to make things so easy
    Last edited by MustangLife; 10-11-2011 at 03:26 PM.
    10-11-2011 03:22 PM
    Thanks for sharing.
    10-11-2011 03:25 PM
    Nice find!!
    10-11-2011 03:31 PM
    Thanks. It was driving me crazy trying to figure out how to dismiss that banner!
    10-11-2011 03:55 PM
    With notification center when you get the top pop up alert like a text that you can either click on or wait to go away in 10 seconds with no x option to make it go away. Well playing around with it i figured out you can actually swipe left on that pop up and it disappears. I don't know what you would consider it a hidden feature but It took me 6 days of ios5 to figure that out. I'm sure some of you were curious how to make that top pop up go away. Hope this helps. I bet I can find more little tips with enough playing.

Josh

PS Also in the camera app before or after you take a picture. You can swipe from left to right and it will open your camera roll. Apple put so many features in this software to make things so easy

That's awesome! The camera feature sounds promising. And it sounds like Apple stole some type of webOS notifcation. You could swipe the notifaction left or right if you wanted to disregard it. That is an awesome feauture. Hopefully iOS catchs on that webOS has some good things to steal. Like MULTI-TASKING
    10-11-2011 03:58 PM
    Thanks for the info. It drove me nuts earlier when I was trying to click on the top of the page i was on, and it hit the notification. Awesome find!
    10-11-2011 03:58 PM
    Glad I can help guys. I'm sure theres plenty of cool little tweaks,tricks we can do we haven't found out. I hope Apple posts the ios5 instruction guide soon
    10-11-2011 04:13 PM
    This is sort of off topic, but in iOS 5 do you now get notifications when you receive email? I'd love to be able to see who I get email from without having to unlock and check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-11-2011 04:20 PM
    This is sort of off topic, but in iOS 5 do you now get notifications when you receive email? I'd love to be able to see who I get email from without having to unlock and check.

Yes, but (on mine) it was switched off by default.

Ian.
    10-11-2011 04:24 PM

Yes. If you want to see it on the lock screen, you will have to enable it:
    Settings -> Notifications -> Mail -> (scroll down) View in Lock Screen -> On
    ProfessorTripp likes this.
    10-11-2011 04:32 PM
    awesome finds. Can't wait to get my hands on this stuff.
    10-11-2011 04:38 PM
    I definitely had not noticed that. Nice find.
    10-11-2011 04:49 PM
    Yeah the swipe to the right or left for the camera roll has been there since beta 3, at least that's when I discovered it. That's when they changed the icon to get back to the camera. As for your first tip, does this work from the lock screen?
    10-11-2011 04:53 PM
    Thank you so much for sharing your valuable information
    10-11-2011 04:56 PM
    Thank you so much for sharing your valuable information
    Thanks I appreciate the thanks. Sometime just a simple thanks and helping people out make it worthwhile digging up info on the web.
    Dennisgarcia likes this.
    10-12-2011 03:43 AM
    Thank you for the info, I will put it to good use
    10-12-2011 04:31 AM
    As a "soon to be former" WebOS user, swiping would be my first instinct. It's going to take me a while to get it through my brain that I can't just swipe everything off the screen.
    10-12-2011 05:07 AM
    Found another cool feature playing with the phone. When you have a missed call. The notification center alert pops up on your lockscreen. If you swipe from left right on that missed call on your lockscreen it automatically dials the number back. If you have a missed call and a voicemail from the same person. Swiping from left to right on the alert sends you directly to voicemail. if you receive a text instead and your phone is on lockscreen, you can than swipe left to right and automatically go to your sms. I absolutely love these tweaks. Apple put so much neat little tricks and tips in os5 that are hidden its amazing. I found 3 today just touching and swiping stuff. These lockscreen tweaks with notification center have to be by far the best ios5 new additions to date. Aside from Siri of course.

We finally in non jailbroken form can actually do things from the lockscreen now. Listen to voicemails, call people back, text, etc. And use the camera also. Apple hit it on the nail with ios5
    Last edited by MustangLife; 10-12-2011 at 06:03 AM.
    10-12-2011 05:55 AM
    I'm not sure I'd really consider these hiddenthe "swipe to open/reply/etc" is sort of the defining feature of Notification Center. I agree, thoughit's pretty cool stuff!
    10-12-2011 07:47 AM
    Yeah the swipe to the right or left for the camera roll has been there since beta 3, at least that's when I discovered it. That's when they changed the icon to get back to the camera. As for your first tip, does this work from the lock screen?
    i think you're right about the beta 3, that's about when i noticed it as well

i do not believe it can be achieved from the LS
    10-12-2011 08:08 AM
    I am glad Apple put things like this in place in iOS 5. With that amazing touch screen users should be able to use gestures or swipes to do as much as possible. The thing I dislike the most about the iPhone has always been the "home" button. I understand that it is convenient, especially for new users, but with that beautiful huge button (the screen!) I would love to see more of this.
    10-12-2011 12:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD