Has anyone run any of the betas on this hardware? My iphone 4 is all ready to be updated but I wasn't sure about the ipod touch 3rd gen. I might keep my untethered jailbroken 4.3.3 since I'll have one device running IOS5.
    10-11-2011 02:29 PM
    Has anyone run any of the betas on this hardware? My iphone 4 is all ready to be updated but I wasn't sure about the ipod touch 3rd gen. I might keep my untethered jailbroken 4.3.3 since I'll have one device running IOS5.
    It's not jailbroken, but yes, I have the GM version of iOS 5 on my wife's 3rd generation iPod. No issues to report.
    10-11-2011 02:38 PM
    iOS 5 won't officialy come to the iPod or iPhone 3G, due to Apples 2 year extinction program. They stop supporting devices in 2 years. But, I'm sure theres a way to get the beta on there, or some other version of it.
    10-11-2011 04:00 PM
    Apple - iOS 5 - See new features included in iOS 5.
    Scroll all the way down, 3rd and 4th gen are both compatible.

I was just worried the 3rd gen might choke on it a bit as the hardware is..well..incredibly out of date at this point.
    10-11-2011 04:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD