iTunes 10.5 is live right now. iOS 5 to follow?

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Apply usually does put iTunes up before the new iOS, because you need it to install the new iOS, so they want their users to be prepared.

Netherscourge

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
ios5 is being released tomorrow, October 12th.

Yea, I'm just hoping they drop it today instead. An early, unannounced rollout might help lessen the stress on the Apple servers.

I got a feeling tomorrow through Friday are gonna be heavy bandwidth usage days... Especially with the iCloud auto-synching everyone's iOS devices.

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm so excited! I don't think that we will see iOS 5 before tomorrow, though. iTunes needed to be released before the operating system, and doing it a day before works great.

Got the Shakes

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I have iTunes 10.5 beta 7 installed because I installed the iOS 5 GM last week. When I check for updates it says I have the most up to date version of iTunes, but I assume the official release of 10.5 should be considered a newer release than the last beta. Does anyone know if this is the case?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I have iTunes 10.5 beta 7 installed because I installed the iOS 5 GM last week. When I check for updates it says I have the most up to date version of iTunes, but I assume the official release of 10.5 should be considered a newer release than the last beta. Does anyone know if this is the case?

Unless something has changed, the beta7 is the current "GM" of iTunes, and you likely won't see an update.

Reactions: Got the Shakes

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site

Mine also said i was using the most up to date version (10.4.1). You can go to the apple website and download 10.5.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Unless something has changed, the beta7 is the current "GM" of iTunes, and you likely won't see an update.

Beta 7 was the latest for Windows. Mac OSX got Beta 9. I've seen popups this morning on my daughter's Windows machine that "this software expires soon". I suspect that the Mac OSX B9 is good for a bit longer, but both should be updated.

I have already replaced B9 with the official, GA version of iTunes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2