I am jail broken and wondering what apps do you think will not be needed anymore once its upgrade time?

Here are the ones I am using -

- BiteSMS
    - ActionMan Font
    - SBS Settings
    - AppFlow
    - DeleteMail
    - EZDecline
    - Five Icon Dock
    - Five Column Springboard
    - Infinifolders
    - Tone FXs
    - 5 row keyboard

I am using more but these are the most important to me.
    10-10-2011 02:06 PM
    iOS 5 uses a little more memory than iOS 4, so you may need to cut back a little on your extensions.

It's hard to say though, as what is an acceptable level of performance is different for each person. I'm pretty demanding, so under iOS 5 I'm just running SBSettings, and will likely add Folder Enhancer and Shrink, but that's it. No more Winterboard for me - I'd much rather have the RAM free for programs.
    10-10-2011 02:54 PM
    The one most jailbreaker will no longer need is LockInfo. While you didn't list it, I know it's extremely popular and one of my favorite apps. With iOS 5 it will no longer be needed since Apple has their own stolen, borrowed version. Other than that all other other JB items will stay once they release untethered iOS 5 JB.
    10-10-2011 03:32 PM
    The one most jailbreaker will no longer need is LockInfo.
    I have lock info, but that is actually the one I thought I might miss. I have not seen any screen shots yet that showed the calendar on the iOS 5 lock screen. I assume you have iOS 5? Can you confirm if it allows the calendar on the lock screen? If so, that would be awesome.
    10-10-2011 07:20 PM
    I have lock info, but that is actually the one I thought I might miss. I have not seen any screen shots yet that showed the calendar on the iOS 5 lock screen. I assume you have iOS 5? Can you confirm if it allows the calendar on the lock screen? If so, that would be awesome.
    Notification center shows your calendar entries for yesterday, today, and tomorrow.
    10-10-2011 07:54 PM
    The one most jailbreaker will no longer need is LockInfo. While you didn't list it, I know it's extremely popular and one of my favorite apps. With iOS 5 it will no longer be needed since Apple has their own stolen, borrowed version. Other than that all other other JB items will stay once they release untethered iOS 5 JB.
    Ios5 has nothing for the lockscreen but notification center alerts when it happens. Lockinfo is 100% on the lockscreen all the time. Weather, twitter, etc is always on your lockscreen with lockinfo. Notifcation center is a pull down only when your phone is unlocked and doesn't have anywhere near the options lockinfo has. Notification center is just a pop up thing if you will. Pretty cool but still lacking alot.

For the original thread starter. I've been on ios5 and jailbroken since day 1 of the GM release. Only 1 jailbroken app is canceled out with the new ios5 and that is wifi sync. All other jailbroken apps are still needed. And even more jailbroken apps for the notification center.
    10-10-2011 08:34 PM
    uh yeah, Notification Center is nowhere near a LockInfo replacement
    10-10-2011 09:53 PM
    I've never jailbroken a device before. I've been tempted, but I fear something happening where I need repair/replacement and I'm certain Apple probably points their noses up to jailbroken devices.
    10-10-2011 09:58 PM
    I've never jailbroken a device before. I've been tempted, but I fear something happening where I need repair/replacement and I'm certain Apple probably points their noses up to jailbroken devices.
    They don't point their noses up so much as point you to the door (figuratively speaking). If you show up to the genius bar with a jail broken iOS device they will not perform an in or out of warranty service or support on it.
    10-10-2011 10:31 PM
    uh yeah, Notification Center is nowhere near a LockInfo replacement
    have jb devs made notifacation center lock screen enabed?
    10-11-2011 12:46 AM
    Apple hates jailbreaking but it is 100% legal now. Its went through the court process and Apple lost. When taking a phone to Apple or whoever because of issues you can't fix. Just restore it normally in a few minutes and no signs of jailbreak are there. I've owned Iphone for almost 3 years and have never had to do a repair/service. You most likely won't have to either unless your drop it/break it/drop it in water. Lets say your home button just isn't right and you think you can get a warranty exchange. Just point the phone to itunes restore update like normal. You will lose the jailbreak and they won't know otherwise. The only people scared of jailbreaking and something bad could happen are people who don't jailbreak, don't know how to jailbreak, or Apple employees. Post in the jailbreak forum or just do some searching that forum. Or even Google. Cydia is the jailbreak appstore. Search in Google for top Cydia apps or best jailbreak tweaks. I think once you read up a little on what the jailbreak world has to offer you will be happy and cross over to the darkside,lol. Just stay with the jailbreaking sources everyone else does. Not some internet never heard of type jailbreak. Send me a pm if you have any questions.

Josh
    10-11-2011 04:47 AM
    Notification center shows your calendar entries for yesterday, today, and tomorrow.
    Never seen "yesterday" on my calendar entries on the notification screen. I see the events scheduled today and within the next 24 hours.
    10-11-2011 05:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD