What time will IOS 5 download be available on the 12th?

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Verizon had nothing to do with that. That was apple putting out different OS's because of the different hardware and release schedules. This is a major OS release and now they are all on the same release schedule with the same hardware. The minute software changes might be different because of cdma vs gsm. But no Verizon has nothing to do with when the software updates are released. it is all apple's bidding.

Disagree.:D

entwined82

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
FWIW, no carrier handles Blackberry updates properly. Sprint, AT&T and Verizon all are always far behind on the latest OS build. When I had my Curve I almost always had to flash a different carriers software to my phone.

Apple has forked their software before. To blame Verizon for that is foolish. I do know its cool to hate Verizon on this site though because they wouldn't bend to Apple's initial demand of having 100% control over the phone but they have given in.

Grafixx01#IM

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
FWIW, no carrier handles Blackberry updates properly. Sprint, AT&T and Verizon all are always far behind on the latest OS build. When I had my Curve I almost always had to flash a different carriers software to my phone.

Apple has forked their software before. To blame Verizon for that is foolish. I do know its cool to hate Verizon on this site though because they wouldn't bend to Apple's initial demand of having 100% control over the phone but they have given in.

I know that VZW doesn't push out updates for BlackBerries as quickly as other carriers do because of their Q&A department and process. To some extent this is good but it is also bad. I know this for a fact because of people I know who work at VZW high up in the corporate ladder.

I'm just guessing when I said it'd take a while but I don't really care. At this point, I'm just happy that my iPhone4 is working because I've gone through 7 since I got them two days before the original release.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Apple makes these decisions. Not the carriers. How many carriers load their phones down with their "special" CRapps? All of them. How many carriers put this CRappware on their iPhone? NONE.

Trust me, Apple is the big dog here, and the carriers are the tails that get wagged.

gemni73

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I cannot believe im sitting here waiting for this update, all to loose my jailbreak =(

yeah I feel ya! I am gonna wait for the iPhone but I will update my iPad. I want the new OS for my iPhone but I love the lil tweaks I have like folders, fonts, and how I can lay out my icons on each page..oh and changing the carrier name to what I want instead of Verizon...bite SMS and just the overall look cause with the jailbreak I already have the notification center. what to do....

TOASTIE

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
hello . i cant keep up with all this . simple terms is it going to be out today ? and is today the same as the UK ? :confused:

im all exited about it . i need more buttons to play with :D

anneemonster

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Really? Whats your magic trick? 4.3 was delayed for Verizon users when ATT users happily downloaded.

Ok my mistake. I meant updates which, yes I know, are different than iOS releases.

And I'm really not so stupid as to need to see a list of release dates.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW