What time will IOS 5 download be available on the 12th?

Grafixx01#IM

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
My guess is.... A year from today when Apple does actually put out an iPhone5!

NOTE.... This statement is regarding ONLY iPhone users on Verizon Wireless!

vinndy

May 2, 2011
Visit site
My guess is.... A year from today when Apple does actually put out an iPhone5!

NOTE.... This statement is regarding ONLY iPhone users on Verizon Wireless!

I am a former BB user who is on VZW. I love the service, but they are terrible with controlling the OS releases. I am still doubtnig that VZW will release ios5 today. Not sure how, but I think they will block it.. that is until I see different with my own eyes

ccsuwxman

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Do I need iOS 4.3.5 to upgrade to 5.0?

Currently running iOS 4.3.3 on my iPad 2. Do I have to upgrade to 4.3.5 before downloading and upgrading to iOS 5? It will take about an hour to download 4.3.5 and I don't want to tie up my ipad for that long if I'm just going to immediately upgrade to 5.0. Thanks.

codys123

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Wow 10:40 CST still no iOS 5!! Would they hurry and release it. I can already see the servers jammed and the iPhone update system is gonna crash.

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
No you don't, but when you go to upgrade I recommend you download iOS 5 then restore it to iOS 5. It will have the cleanest install and make sure your good to go.

tapatalk on iPad 2
Apple lover
Best buy employee

codys123

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Currently running iOS 4.3.3 on my iPad 2. Do I have to upgrade to 4.3.5 before downloading and upgrading to iOS 5? It will take about an hour to download 4.3.5 and I don't want to tie up my ipad for that long if I'm just going to immediately upgrade to 5.0. Thanks.
I am pretty sure you can just upgrade 4.3.3 to 5.0 right off the bat

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
You can, but doing a restore will make sure your not missing anything and allow the best install of iOS 5. I recommend everyone upgrading today do this anyway

tapatalk on iPad 2
Apple lover
Best buy employee

crackercraig#IM

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

I was actually running 4.3.3 on my iPad also. I wanted to be ready so I updated to 4.3.5 this morning before leaving for work. The whole process took only about 20 minutes. I don't think any update has ever taken an hour.

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
It depends on your computer for the download mostly, if your computers slower I t could even take hourS

tapatalk on iPad 2
Apple lover
Best buy employee

anneemonster

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I am a former BB user who is on VZW. I love the service, but they are terrible with controlling the OS releases. I am still doubtnig that VZW will release ios5 today. Not sure how, but I think they will block it.. that is until I see different with my own eyes

I have Verizon and I've always gotten my iOS releases and/or updates on the same day as everyone else. Verizon has nothing to do with that. It's all Apple's say on what gets released when.

Last edited:

rgar3388

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
Really? Whats your magic trick? 4.3 was delayed for Verizon users when ATT users happily downloaded.

Verizon had nothing to do with that. That was apple putting out different OS's because of the different hardware and release schedules. This is a major OS release and now they are all on the same release schedule with the same hardware. The minute software changes might be different because of cdma vs gsm. But no Verizon has nothing to do with when the software updates are released. it is all apple's bidding.

Reactions: anneemonster

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2