What time will IOS 5 download be available on the 12th?

rgar3388

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
The major "point" releases (5.0, 5.1, 5.2) will require iTunes to update/install. The OTA is reserved for smaller, incremental releases (5.0.1, 5.0.2, etc)

Not true. All updates will be delta OTA updates, meaning it will only download what's changed instead of the whole thing making the files smaller. If it is too big it will just ask you to use wifi. The purpose of this is to cut the cord and allow non computer owners to have an iphone or ipad as their only device. You will still be able to plug into iTunes if you want to though. But why would you want to unless it is to charge your phone.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Not true. All updates will be delta OTA updates, meaning it will only download what's changed instead of the whole thing making the files smaller. If it is too big it will just ask you to use wifi. The purpose of this is to cut the cord and allow non computer owners to have an iphone or ipad as their only device. You will still be able to plug into iTunes if you want to though. But why would you want to unless it is to charge your phone.
I understand that all updates to iOS 5 will be OTA. However, that is not the question. The question is 4 to 5. Are you saying that 4 to 5 will be OTA?

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
The point of iOS is to get the capability to do Ota updates. IOS 5 gives you that, so you have to plug it in to get iOS 5 to be able to do that, then from there on it will always be Ota. Until the end of the world.

Sent from tapatalk
iPad 2 running iOS 4.3.5
Best buy employee
Free time apple enthusiast

korp#IM

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully the official is released early just so I can have the official instead of the GM even though its basically the same thing.

gregorypleau

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
"It's out! Go and get it" obviously referred to the thread title about iTunes 10.5 being released.

THIS thread is "What time will iOS5 download be available on the 12th". I knew about the iTunes one, thought someone might have seen an early iOS release there that's all. I wasn't expecting iTunes until tomorrow either.

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes that was a very confusing message, I thought they had maybe released it early. But yes, just downloaded iTunes 10.5 now to stay at the computer until the second it's released!

Sent from tapatalk
iPad 2 running iOS 4.3.5
Best buy employee
Free time apple enthusiast

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner