What time will IOS 5 download be available on the 12th?

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Ios5 should be live on Itunes at 10AM Pacific and 1PM Eastern

I've been digging aorund looking at rumors and other years software updates, etc. Just some normal research. IOS5 should be live on Itunes at 10AM Pacific time and 1PM Eastern time. I'm sure the time is programmed already. Just thought I would give a heads up. Not sure if there is a post already about a definitive time on this. You guys enjoy ios5, you will love it.

Josh

Reactions: hoosieriphone

iCanadian

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
-3- They've partially released some of the features related to iOS 5 already such as iCloud. The site is up and running, but according to reports from people, when they log into their MobileMe account it asks to migrate from MobileMe -> iCloud but doesn't work entirely yet.
I can see iOS 5 being released in the middle of the work day X_X

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Many people (including myself) have been saying all along that the release will not be out before mid-late morning - the 10 am time frame on the west coast.

It will be here, and it's not worth losing sleep over while waiting for it.

TheMattRay

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Really??

I'm gonna take a guess and say 12Pacific and 3am eastern time. I think they will make some kind of announcement.

To the original thread starter. If you are pumped about Ios5. Just download the iosGM which is the same version all the Iphone4S's will get and is clean and out of beta. And than install it via Itunes. Just click Shift plus restore and choose the ios ipsw file you downloaded and there you go.

Josh

12 PM Pacific would be 3 PM Eastern. :)

iphone_guy

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
How do you downgrade?

As long as you haven't altered the baseband you should be able to use a non-GM version of iTunes to restore BACK to the factory softwared (current version) and not the GM version :D

Good luck, if not, just wait til 10 and upgrade, and it will wipe out the GM stuff.

hunter49686

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
downgrade

Keep itunes 10.5 beta...restore from a previous back up...if I remember right that was how I did it...put me back to 4.3.5...it worked for me. There may not be any problem upgrading from ios 5 GM, I just didn't want to take the chance.

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Did something really stupid guys. So i am on campus from 830 to 215 EST and i have a break from 10 till 1 EST and i was planning on checking for the iOS 5 update during my break hoping that it won't be at 1 PM EST like everyone was saying....but now i hope its at 1 PM EST because in a rush this morning, i forgot to bring my USB cable so now i will be forced to wait to update until i get home at around 3. FML.

bgarrick87

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Did something really stupid guys. So i am on campus from 830 to 215 EST and i have a break from 10 till 1 EST and i was planning on checking for the iOS 5 update during my break hoping that it won't be at 1 PM EST like everyone was saying....but now i hope its at 1 PM EST because in a rush this morning, i forgot to bring my USB cable so now i will be forced to wait to update until i get home at around 3. FML.

HA! Im skipping class today and downloading iOS5!!! LOL

gregorypleau

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site

Can't borrow a cable from another iPhone user on campus for 20 minutes? Steal one from the car charger?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73