Ios 5 update

drarif

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
so i have got the ios 5 GM. will i be able to update my iphone from itunes when apple releases the ios 5 for public? or will there be any problems??

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
any difference will just be an OTA update most likely.

You will still have the option of an OTA update or updating via iTunes. The "official" release will be the same as the GM version. But I also expect a fix/patch/update within the first couple of days to fix some of the bugs found in the GM version (there are ALWAYS bugs, even if they aren't major or problematic).

Also, the OTA updates are only for minor updates (5.01, 5.02). I am hearing/reading that the "point" updates (5.1, 5.2, etc) will be iTunes only, NOT OTA.

Last edited:

drarif

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
ok thank u all.actually i was a little bit worried that maybe i wont be able to do so via itunes.because i keep getting "unable to check for updates" error when i look up for updates.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
ok thank u all.actually i was a little bit worried that maybe i wont be able to do so via itunes.because i keep getting "unable to check for updates" error when i look up for updates.

Because iOS 5 has not officially been released, the update servers are not yet online. I guess you can't check what isn't there. :)

jakej914

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
so i have got the ios 5 GM. will i be able to update my iphone from itunes when apple releases the ios 5 for public? or will there be any problems??

You won't have to. the release version should be the same. Subsequent updates will work as usual.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73