Twitter App Notifications not working after iOS 5!!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I have to agree with Massie 100% as I found this out myself the hard way and I even had sounds turned off. I got to the point that I deleted the app and just went with the new Twitteriffic 5 for iPhone w/o Push notifications which is just fine with me. This way I can open the app and read the Tweets when I want to.

But you know you can turn off those notifications in the native app, right? Not sure why you felt like you had to delete it?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
But you know you can turn off those notifications in the native app, right? Not sure why you felt like you had to delete it?

Massie yes I did know this and thanks for answering my post. I suppose I could have completly turned off all individual notifications in the Native App and not have the hassle and read the Tweets when I wanted. I suppose even I forget sometimes and even though I DID turn them off I just deleted the app.

Anyway now that i have Twitterffic 5 for iPhone w/o push notifications I just like the UI, Features and overall app so I will be using it. Have you tried it yet yourself? Very nice app.

Thanks my friend...

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Anyway now that i have Twitterffic 5 for iPhone w/o push notifications I just like the UI, Features and overall app so I will be using it. Have you tried it yet yourself? Very nice app.

Thanks my friend...

Been hearing good things but I definitely need notifications, so I'll just stick with the official app.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Been hearing good things but I definitely need notifications, so I'll just stick with the official app.

Well I am happy to hear that what you are using you like. Just out of curiosity with regard to notifications, Do you have alot turned on and does it not drive you crazy at times? I had sound turned off and just checked my lock screen from time to time but it really I at least found ran my battery down pretty good. Do you notice that at all?

What are you under in Twitter so I can follow you if you don't mind and you follow me. you can link from my profile here.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't use notifications for individual tweets, only for @replies and DMs. So I only get notified if someone interacts with me, not every time they tweet.

You already follow me on twitter btw!

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't use notifications for individual tweets, only for @replies and DMs. So I only get notified if someone interacts with me, not every time they tweet.

You already follow me on twitter btw!
You are right on Twitter I forgot. That is a good idea on the notifications and I will remember that in case I ever go back to the native app.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73