During the WWDC, Apple unveiled their top 10 iOS 5 features, and at the Let's talk iPhone event, they did the same thing. Unlike OSX Lion, however, Apple has decided not to unveil every feature to the 200th.

So my question to you is, what is your favorite iOS 5 feature Apple did not go over? Any hidden features you like, or something obnoxious that Apple finally fixed?

What's your opinion to all of you who have iOS 5 to all you developer, and those who got iOS 5 without paying $100 a month (ya you! I know you did it)?
    10-07-2011 08:23 PM
    hourly weather in the built in weather app is a surprise

wua = where you at - the only thing I felt I was missing from blackberry

being able to change every alert tone, email, text, mail, all of them
    Randy b and Kevin21 like this.
    10-07-2011 09:30 PM
    I like the back scratcher app best of all. I truly was not expecting that.
    Jellotime91 likes this.
    10-07-2011 10:27 PM

Apple could help me save some roome on my phone if they had a radar on the apple weather app
    10-07-2011 10:30 PM
    I like the simple swipe to the right to look at your camera roll after you just took the picture.
    cinco312 and rstark18 like this.
    10-07-2011 10:30 PM
    I like the simple swipe to the right to look at your camera roll after you just took the picture.
    Wow, I havn't heard of that one before! Sounds handy..
    10-08-2011 06:50 PM
    I do like the Location Services getting a dedicated spot in the settings menu. Real handy to tell the apps who and who I don't want knowing where I am.
    10-08-2011 06:53 PM
    That hourly weather update will be real nice. I've been looking forward to it.
    10-08-2011 08:50 PM
    I would like to see message notification at the lock screen. To be more specific, email notification. I know that we are notified for text/SMS messages, but it gets really annoying having to unlock to find out if you have email or not.

I realize that you can turn sound notifications on. But, because of my job, I cannot always have that on and if you miss the vibrate, then you still have to unlock to find out email status.
    10-08-2011 10:52 PM
    I would like to see message notification at the lock screen. To be more specific, email notification. I know that we are notified for text/SMS messages, but it gets really annoying having to unlock to find out if you have email or not.

I realize that you can turn sound notifications on. But, because of my job, I cannot always have that on and if you miss the vibrate, then you still have to unlock to find out email status.
    Not to be rude, but you can get lock screen notifications for email...............

Just go to your Notifications tab in settings and look for email. Then make sure mail is set to banners, and has the "view in lock screen" option turned on.
    ProfessorTripp and avmsam like this.
    10-08-2011 11:00 PM
    In SMS / iMessage pull down on keyboard to make it disappear and have full screen messages. Nice!
    10-09-2011 01:01 AM

yes i miss this and auto sleep an wake
    10-09-2011 01:14 AM
    Well I have not had a chance to play around with iOS5 yet, but I think that the weather hourly update looks really cool!

It also looked cool when they showed Siri how you could just say 'wake me up at 5' and go to sleep I thought that was absolutely EPIC even though it was the top ten
    Last edited by ayantwan; 10-09-2011 at 03:03 AM. Reason: Adding more thoughts
    10-09-2011 03:02 AM
    For the first time since 2007 the weather app is actually functional. I think that suprises everyone. But having the camera app on the lockscreen after double clicking the home button has to be the most convenient feature. Best ios5 feature is notification center. IMO
    10-09-2011 03:49 AM
    Email has been tweaked so much loving the new Email features, notification center seems fun its nice, LED alerts are usefull too! and more importantly Battery life has increased like hell its been three days I guess I have installed iOS 5GM and I am noticing that Battery life has increased alot thats a very very good sign
    Last edited by smhsn; 10-09-2011 at 08:03 AM.
    10-09-2011 08:00 AM
    In SMS / iMessage pull down on keyboard to make it disappear and have full screen messages. Nice!
    oh wow.....I didnt even know that lol. Get find!
    10-09-2011 08:07 AM
    This is the ONE thing I have wanted since the iPhone was launched. No reason to jailbreak ever again.
    grunt0300 likes this.
    10-09-2011 09:36 AM
    I like the back scratcher app best of all. I truly was not expecting that.
    thanks- now I have the Peter Griffin "butt scratcher" line in my head- its gonna be there all day now...
    10-09-2011 09:41 AM
    Shortcuts for common phrases is great. Settings>General>Keyboard. Add your own and they are available anywhere you can type text.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    d-rob70 likes this.
    10-09-2011 09:43 AM
    Time on iPad is updated based on time zone (wifi)
    10-09-2011 10:29 AM
    I have not seen the LED alert yet. But I love the notifications, ability to change all the tones and camera.
    10-09-2011 11:57 AM
    Email has been tweaked so much loving the new Email features....
    What am i missing? I don't notice any difference in email.
    10-09-2011 12:13 PM
    I love the custom vibrations for contacts, and that you don't really have limit on how many you can save. Multi-touch gestures on the iPad are also irreplaceable and impressive. I think it's very cool how each device has its own features that set it apart from others. I have noticed though that Apple hasn't advertised new multi-touch gestures for iPad very much, if at all. I do wish the iPhone had similar gestures to keep from hitting the home button so often.

Email has been really fixed up, of course Apple advertised that since iOS 5 debuted. I do love that if I check my email on one device, it automatically updates all my devices.

Apple is just making this too much fun.
    Last edited by diamonddialogue; 10-09-2011 at 12:20 PM.
    10-09-2011 12:17 PM
    Shortcuts for common phrases is great. Settings>General>Keyboard. Add your own and they are available anywhere you can type text.
    This is huge. Something I've been missing badly since I left BlackBerry years ago. You really gotta wonder how such simple features that save so much time and effort don't make it to an iPhone for 5 years after other phone OSs have them.
    avmsam likes this.
    10-09-2011 12:18 PM
    This is huge. Something I've been missing badly since I left BlackBerry years ago. You really gotta wonder how such simple features that save so much time and effort don't make it to an iPhone for 5 years after other phone OSs have them.
    I agree. Its pretty slick. Im waiting for someone to try imessage with me. Looks slick too.
    10-09-2011 12:40 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD