Favorite unnoticed iOS 5 feature?

B

bonesb

That sounds great. I hope I can set an email alias as my main email address. I am getting tired of switching the "from" address for every email. Grrrrr.

Growl away, no alias support (yet) for a default account, at least no means available that I can find in the Settings.

One more - native Emoji keyboard in the International settings ... :D

gregorypleau

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
So far, my favourite "little" feature is the lock-screen shortcut to the camera app. Double-click the home button (while locked) and voila, there's unlock right to camera.

droid42

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this is down to iOS 5 or not...

Before I installed 5 GM, clicking "View full size" when viewing an image from the Google Image search results in Safari would result in a tiny image in the top-left corner that had to be manually pinched out to see at a decent size.

After installing iOS 5, the image is initially displayed filling the screen.

That's one big annoyance for me that's now been fixed.

Again, not sure if it's iOS 5 or whether (coincidentally) Google rolled out a fix on the very same day.

Ian.

templetonryecy

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
So far, my favourite "little" feature is the lock-screen shortcut to the camera app. Double-click the home button (while locked) and voila, there's unlock right to camera.

Question on this - do you have to double click every time to get the camera button there? Or if you do it once, the camera icon is there every time you unlock? If not, is there a setting to leave 'Camera icon On' on lockscreen permanently?

Thanks!

droid42

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Question on this - do you have to double click every time to get the camera button there? Or if you do it once, the camera icon is there every time you unlock? If not, is there a setting to leave 'Camera icon On' on lockscreen permanently?

Thanks!

Every time (sadly) Couldn't find the option to turn it permanently on either...

Ian.

iPhoneGleek

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I like being able to delete certain calls from the call log without clearing the whole thing. And I use it for when people call me with the wrong number and things like that lol I am not cheating on my nonexistent boyfriend/girlfriend

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I haven't seen anyone report on this yet but letting people know since I've been testing out every possible thing I can with ios5. You can now dial, text or listen to voicemails from the lockscreen without sliding to unlock or anything. When you have your alert pop up from the missed call, you swipe from left to right on the alert and it immediately dials the missed call. Same tactic with a text or voicemail. Just swipe to left and goes into your SMS or voicemail

Swahl61

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I am really enjoying the new multi touch 4 & 5 finger jestures you can now use on my iPad 2. Now you don't even need the home button anymore!!!

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I noticed when receiving a call that isn't in your address book, it now displays the city and state where the call is coming from. It used to display this only in the call log. This is really useful for me, as I get calls from all over the US for work.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit