Favorite unnoticed iOS 5 feature?

scientist88

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
During the WWDC, Apple unveiled their top 10 iOS 5 features, and at the Let's talk iPhone event, they did the same thing. Unlike OSX Lion, however, Apple has decided not to unveil every feature to the 200th.

So my question to you is, what is your favorite iOS 5 feature Apple did not go over? Any hidden features you like, or something obnoxious that Apple finally fixed?

What's your opinion to all of you who have iOS 5 to all you developer, and those who got iOS 5 without paying $100 a month (ya you! I know you did it)?

Kurpaige#IM

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
hourly weather in the built in weather app is a surprise

wua = where you at - the only thing I felt I was missing from blackberry

being able to change every alert tone, email, text, mail, all of them

anon(4144202)

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

Apple could help me save some roome on my phone if they had a radar on the apple weather app

Genericmessage00

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I do like the Location Services getting a dedicated spot in the settings menu. Real handy to tell the apps who and who I don't want knowing where I am.

NotHomer

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
I would like to see message notification at the lock screen. To be more specific, email notification. I know that we are notified for text/SMS messages, but it gets really annoying having to unlock to find out if you have email or not.

I realize that you can turn sound notifications on. But, because of my job, I cannot always have that on and if you miss the vibrate, then you still have to unlock to find out email status.

Genericmessage00

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I would like to see message notification at the lock screen. To be more specific, email notification. I know that we are notified for text/SMS messages, but it gets really annoying having to unlock to find out if you have email or not.

I realize that you can turn sound notifications on. But, because of my job, I cannot always have that on and if you miss the vibrate, then you still have to unlock to find out email status.

Not to be rude, but you can get lock screen notifications for email...............

Just go to your Notifications tab in settings and look for email. Then make sure mail is set to banners, and has the "view in lock screen" option turned on.

Randy b

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site

yes i miss this and auto sleep an wake

ayantwan

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Well I have not had a chance to play around with iOS5 yet, but I think that the weather hourly update looks really cool!

It also looked cool when they showed Siri how you could just say 'wake me up at 5' and go to sleep I thought that was absolutely EPIC even though it was the top ten :p

Last edited:

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
For the first time since 2007 the weather app is actually functional. I think that suprises everyone. But having the camera app on the lockscreen after double clicking the home button has to be the most convenient feature. Best ios5 feature is notification center. IMO

sMhsn

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Email has been tweaked so much loving the new Email features, notification center seems fun its nice, LED alerts are usefull too! and more importantly Battery life has increased like hell its been three days I guess I have installed iOS 5GM and I am noticing that Battery life has increased alot thats a very very good sign:)

Last edited:

auntiewiv

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Shortcuts for common phrases is great. Settings>General>Keyboard. Add your own and they are available anywhere you can type text. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: d-rob70

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh