Not to be rude, but you can get lock screen notifications for email...............

Just go to your Notifications tab in settings and look for email. Then make sure mail is set to banners, and has the "view in lock screen" option turned on.
    I don't see anything like this? when i go into notifications, there is nothing email related.
    10-10-2011 02:38 PM
    Guess, it should be posted here, not a new thread.

I found Recently Closed Tabs in Safari.
    Hold down the + sign to open a new tab.
    Recently Closed Tabs list should pop up!
    10-10-2011 03:02 PM
    I don't see anything like this? when i go into notifications, there is nothing email related.
    Stupid question, but are you on iOS 5 yet? Because it's there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    10-10-2011 03:31 PM
    not sure if it was here before or not, but ipad 1 now has a built in compass in maps that i just found out.
    10-10-2011 04:09 PM
    What issues are you referring to? Please do tell...
    GPS is not always locating me as it used too. and Apps like Shopkick, Checkpoint never show my current location. Locations I'm being given sometimes seem like there Triangular ones since its mostly somewhere around me. Occasionally its locating me now.
    10-10-2011 04:23 PM
    Wrong. Only delta updates are done OTA. You want to restore an iPhone? iTunes. You want to upgrade from 5.0 to 5.1 or 5.2? You need iTunes.

Now if you go from 5.0 to 5.0.1, or 5.1 to 5.1.1, then no, you don't need iTunes. Got it? Good. lol
    I don't think this is true. The whole "PC Free" feature of iOS5 means you don't need to have a computer to own (and update) iPhones, iPads, and iPods. All software updates should be OTA.
    10-10-2011 04:57 PM
    Wrong. Only delta updates are done OTA. You want to restore an iPhone? iTunes. You want to upgrade from 5.0 to 5.1 or 5.2? You need iTunes.

Now if you go from 5.0 to 5.0.1, or 5.1 to 5.1.1, then no, you don't need iTunes. Got it? Good. lol
    Nope. I am right. If you are running iOS 5 GM, then any updates from now on can be over the air. Even your second point is wrong. If I want to restore, I can backup to iCloud, restore in settings, and restore from iCloud backup. Once again, no Itunes needed...
    10-10-2011 05:24 PM
    I like the simple swipe to the right to look at your camera roll after you just took the picture.
    Just tried this, thanks, i'll use this a lot
    10-10-2011 08:07 PM
    All of this iOS talk! I'm on the edge of this seat of mine with all of the cool features!
    10-10-2011 08:36 PM
    Nope. I am right. If you are running iOS 5 GM, then any updates from now on can be over the air. Even your second point is wrong. If I want to restore, I can backup to iCloud, restore in settings, and restore from iCloud backup. Once again, no Itunes needed...
    On your second point, if you mess up your phone and you need to restore it from scratch, you don't need iTunes to get the restore file and start over clean? Of course you do. How you get back your settings is up to you, whether iCloud or computer. Also, as far as I know and experienced, an iCloud backup will not restore your music. Even more so your non-iTunes purchased music. You have to plug it in to sync it. You only get apps, icon arrangement, texts, voicemails, email settings, calendar, saved games, and whatever else you checked off under iCloud settings. So no, you can't fully function without iTunes.

On your first point. You're right. It seems many people misinterpreted the keynote.
    10-10-2011 08:51 PM
    I personally like the new feature that tells you how much memory each app is using.
    Rex_Suggs likes this.
    10-10-2011 09:37 PM
    That sounds great. I hope I can set an email alias as my main email address. I am getting tired of switching the "from" address for every email. Grrrrr.
    Growl away, no alias support (yet) for a default account, at least no means available that I can find in the Settings.

One more - native Emoji keyboard in the International settings ...
    10-11-2011 04:04 AM
    Actually, you shouldn't even need iTunes. Updates are done on the device now. No iTunes needed.
    * once you are running iOS5. You need iTunes 10.5 to get upgraded to iOS5, then you can chuck the computer.
    10-11-2011 10:58 AM
    So far, my favourite "little" feature is the lock-screen shortcut to the camera app. Double-click the home button (while locked) and voila, there's unlock right to camera.
    10-11-2011 11:04 AM
    Not sure if this is down to iOS 5 or not...

Before I installed 5 GM, clicking "View full size" when viewing an image from the Google Image search results in Safari would result in a tiny image in the top-left corner that had to be manually pinched out to see at a decent size.

After installing iOS 5, the image is initially displayed filling the screen.

That's one big annoyance for me that's now been fixed.

Again, not sure if it's iOS 5 or whether (coincidentally) Google rolled out a fix on the very same day.

Ian.
    10-11-2011 12:34 PM
    So far, my favourite "little" feature is the lock-screen shortcut to the camera app. Double-click the home button (while locked) and voila, there's unlock right to camera.
    Question on this - do you have to double click every time to get the camera button there? Or if you do it once, the camera icon is there every time you unlock? If not, is there a setting to leave 'Camera icon On' on lockscreen permanently?

Thanks!
    10-11-2011 03:37 PM
    Question on this - do you have to double click every time to get the camera button there? Or if you do it once, the camera icon is there every time you unlock? If not, is there a setting to leave 'Camera icon On' on lockscreen permanently?

Thanks!
    Every time (sadly) Couldn't find the option to turn it permanently on either...

Ian.
    10-11-2011 03:50 PM
    ...being able to change every alert tone, email, text, mail, all of them
    Yes. It was so nice to see this...finally.
    10-11-2011 04:57 PM
    I like the multiple routes on the Maps app. I like options and this will now give them to me.
    I like this feature as well.
    10-11-2011 06:39 PM
    I like being able to delete certain calls from the call log without clearing the whole thing. And I use it for when people call me with the wrong number and things like that lol I am not cheating on my nonexistent boyfriend/girlfriend
    10-11-2011 09:41 PM
    I personally like the new feature that tells you how much memory each app is using.
    Do you mean system ram or hard drive space?
    10-12-2011 12:23 AM
    I haven't seen anyone report on this yet but letting people know since I've been testing out every possible thing I can with ios5. You can now dial, text or listen to voicemails from the lockscreen without sliding to unlock or anything. When you have your alert pop up from the missed call, you swipe from left to right on the alert and it immediately dials the missed call. Same tactic with a text or voicemail. Just swipe to left and goes into your SMS or voicemail
    10-12-2011 06:29 AM
    I am really enjoying the new multi touch 4 & 5 finger jestures you can now use on my iPad 2. Now you don't even need the home button anymore!!!
    10-13-2011 11:52 PM
    I noticed when receiving a call that isn't in your address book, it now displays the city and state where the call is coming from. It used to display this only in the call log. This is really useful for me, as I get calls from all over the US for work.
    10-14-2011 12:01 AM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD