Question about reminders

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
When you set up a location based reminder, what happens if you leave and come back? Does it go off each time? For instance, I go to the store and have a reminder set up to buy milk. But I still forget to buy milk. If I don't clear the reminder will it remind me to buy milk again the next time I'm at the store?

tail24

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
GM copy doesnt have location built into reminders.... found this kind of odd, this is one of my favorite feature ideas in ios5

beveritt

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Dunno if it's an issue on your 3GS, but my reminders work fine. Create a reminder and press DONE. Open the reminder and press Remind Me. In there you can choose to be reminded at a specific date/time or when leaving/arriving at a location.

I cannot answer the OP question as I haven't tested it.

mlg321

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
When you set up a location based reminder, what happens if you leave and come back? Does it go off each time? For instance, I go to the store and have a reminder set up to buy milk. But I still forget to buy milk. If I don't clear the reminder will it remind me to buy milk again the next time I'm at the store?

Yes, I believe if you do not "complete" it, the next time you go to buy milk it will remind you.

RyanR

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
GM copy doesnt have location built into reminders.... found this kind of odd, this is one of my favorite feature ideas in ios5

My 3GS also doesn't have this feature in GM - was also absent in the last beta. I guess it's an iPhone 4 only feature!

Eric8199

Feb 28, 2009
Visit site
So yesterday I set a location-based reminder. I live about a half mile from work. Well, it didn't go off until I got home.

Either way, when I did it, I hardly used my phone during the day. At about 3:30 p.m., I checked my phone and my battery was down to 69%. This is pretty unusual, since typically I'm around 90-80% in similar usage conditions.

I deleted the reminder, and then turned off location services for the reminders app. My battery life seems to be back to normal, and at 3:30 today I'm at 90%. So, is it location services in general that kills the battery life, or is it simply having a location-based reminder?

I wonder, if you set a location based reminder, does your GPS stay on constantly, causing your battery to drain as if you were in the maps app?

DjEli#WN

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I set a reminder lastnight to test it when i got to work...It work fine..only thing was that it went off 25min after i got here...

jakej914

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
So yesterday I set a location-based reminder. I live about a half mile from work. Well, it didn't go off until I got home.

Either way, when I did it, I hardly used my phone during the day. At about 3:30 p.m., I checked my phone and my battery was down to 69%. This is pretty unusual, since typically I'm around 90-80% in similar usage conditions.

I deleted the reminder, and then turned off location services for the reminders app. My battery life seems to be back to normal, and at 3:30 today I'm at 90%. So, is it location services in general that kills the battery life, or is it simply having a location-based reminder?

I wonder, if you set a location based reminder, does your GPS stay on constantly, causing your battery to drain as if you were in the maps app?

When I first tested Reminders, I was curious about this as well (because the location icon persists in the status bar). I'll try to test battery life with a single reminder with location set to on, then test without the following day and see what happens.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro