how's your iOS 5 battery life?

jproubique

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't like it so far. Usually I lost about 10% per hour of usage. Now I lose about 13%. No bueno. For me, beta 5 was the top dog in battery life.

Yeah mines on a steady decline five minutes after I
Take it off the charger down to 95% when it normally doesn't budge
Otherwise and there has been no chane in my settings

diamonddialogue

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
That sounds like a battery issue, not the iOS. I'd take it to Apple if it gives you anymore battery trouble, or if that 5% starts growing faster.

daneg

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I attached a screen shot of my usage.

This was mostly on 3g only. Only on wifi for about the last 2 hours the screen shot was taken.

Most of the day I was in an office that has 1 bar of 3g or was that little circle thing, which is slower then 3g.

Raydelien

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
Maybe Wifi Sync

I charged my ipad2 took it off of the charger and sat it next to me, about 5 hours later I was at 59% without even using it. I noticed that itunes was opening every 10-15 minutes on my desktop and finding my 3gs and my ipad2 even though they were locked but not on the charger. I disabled the wifi sync and the icloud backup and everything seems to have stabilized.

Both of my devices were "restored" to IOS5.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
My battery was draining REALLY fast as well. That is what I loved most about my iP4 was the battery was a Beast. I am in Sales and the iP4 is my only phone #. No land Line, so I am on it all day with BT. I could still go into the night on a single charge most days. Not with iOS5 though. Yould watch it go down!

I started over. I did a complete "Restore AS New". No restore from back up. Yeah it was a PIT but it seems to have worked. Yestrday was much better. I let it completely drain out last night and I am charging it up now and we will see if that helps any.

I personally think it is all the Notifications that we have going on in the background. Android has the same battery problem but they brag about their notifications. Just my two cents.:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2