Apple seeds iOS 5 Gold Master - Leave Feedback here!

Nicodm

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
You would need the email address they have chosen to have as their iMessege ID.

Btw I am also wondering about Location based reminders. Can any one shed some light on this? I can't see them at all in the GM.

Jonezed7

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I just got done installing the GM. Unfortunately my phone takes forever to restore with a full 32 gbs of music and apps packed onto the phone :(

wezman2k

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
i can't say things seamlessly for me. i made a backup with itunes 10.4.1 and 4.2.10 just prior to installing iTunes 10.5 beta 9 and ios 5. i restored to ios 5 and everything went well..that is until i tried to restore from my backup.

initially i kept getting a message that said my backup is corrupt or not compatible with the iPhone. then i tried restoring from an older iphone backup i pulled from time machine to see if that worked. it didn't.

eventually i brought my backup to my friends computer which had iTunes 10.4.1. i put the phone in dfu and restored it back down to 4.2.10. so far so good. when i tried restoring from the initial backup again the iphone would just disconnect for no reason in the middle of the upgrade. bummer.

thankfully i didn't lose too much because it's all on my computer/synced with google...i did, however, lose my app organization and settings, text messages etc. i tried restoring several times and just could not get my backup to restore. it really does appear to be corrupt somehow.

i won't be trying to upgrade early in the future, that's for sure. i'm also not sure if i can truly trust iphone backups anymore. now that i have everything back to normal with iOS 5 i've made a fresh backup and restored to factory and restored from backup just to make sure it's working now and it is.

edit: aside from the above issues i've been using iOS 5 and it's working great.

Last edited:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site

Btw I am also wondering about Location based reminders. Can any one shed some light on this? I can't see them at all in the GM.

What do you mean you can't see them? You mean the option to set one is not there?

isrararrafi

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
What do you mean you can't see them? You mean the option to set one is not there?

well, it wasnt pointed at me, but i have a similar situation...in the reminders app there are no options to set a location reminder...only the set reminder on a specific day is there.

kevin738

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site

Not sure if you have figured this one out yet, but after creating the reminder, tap on it and there is an option that you can change when to remind and the location based is in there.

hollidizzle

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
i can't say things seamlessly for me. i made a backup with itunes 10.4.1 and 4.2.10 just prior to installing iTunes 10.5 beta 9 and ios 5. i restored to ios 5 and everything went well..that is until i tried to restore from my backup.

initially i kept getting a message that said my backup is corrupt or not compatible with the iPhone. then i tried restoring from an older iphone backup i pulled from time machine to see if that worked. it didn't.

eventually i brought my backup to my friends computer which had iTunes 10.4.1. i put the phone in dfu and restored it back down to 4.2.10. so far so good. when i tried restoring from the initial backup again the iphone would just disconnect for no reason in the middle of the upgrade. bummer.

thankfully i didn't lose too much because it's all on my computer/synced with google...i did, however, lose my app organization and settings, text messages etc. i tried restoring several times and just could not get my backup to restore. it really does appear to be corrupt somehow.

i won't be trying to upgrade early in the future, that's for sure. i'm also not sure if i can truly trust iphone backups anymore. now that i have everything back to normal with iOS 5 i've made a fresh backup and restored to factory and restored from backup just to make sure it's working now and it is.

edit: aside from the above issues i've been using iOS 5 and it's working great.

A similiar fiasco happened with me. The 10.5 iTunes beta won't use any backups NOT using iOS5. I had to save my itunes xml. file, delete itunes, and re-install back to the official iTunes.

that was the FIRST time i used iOS5 when it was at like Beta 1... Next time I'm just going to delete iTunes completely and use Copy Trans to take everything off my phone and put it back into iTunes.. :D

Nicodm

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if you have figured this one out yet, but after creating the reminder, tap on it and there is an option that you can change when to remind and the location based is in there.

I'm afraid it isn't there for me. it just has the time and date to remind me and that is it. i'll post a screen shot when I get the chance.

wezman2k

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
A similiar fiasco happened with me. The 10.5 iTunes beta won't use any backups NOT using iOS5. I had to save my itunes xml. file, delete itunes, and re-install back to the official iTunes.

that was the FIRST time i used iOS5 when it was at like Beta 1... Next time I'm just going to delete iTunes completely and use Copy Trans to take everything off my phone and put it back into iTunes.. :D

i'm running lion on my mbp so it won't let me downgrade iTunes. i imagine there's a roundabout way to do it but what a pain in the butt. ultimately if i could do it over again i would've just waited to upgrade but i've got everything working again now so whatever

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
i'm running lion on my mbp so it won't let me downgrade iTunes. i imagine there's a roundabout way to do it but what a pain in the butt. ultimately if i could do it over again i would've just waited to upgrade but i've got everything working again now so whatever

If you have the same issue as me I might be able to help you out PM me. Also you can still uninstall choose "show package contents" then delete resulting folder.

iOS 5 on my iPad 2 and it is awesome! The battery life is great and I haven't had many problems. I have had problems that are probably more to do with the apps.

jakej914

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site

Hm. Have you tried using the official release of iTunes 10.5?

I'm not much help because when I moved to iOS 5, I started fresh.

jakej914

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
I believe you'll just need to update your iTunes, restart, and the select restore in your summary section. then it's up to you if you would like to "Restore as New" or from "Backup" when given the option

basically you are restoring the device, but with the final release version

some people just continue to use the GM but i may restore on the 12th myself

There's really no reason to. They should be the same.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro