Apple seeds iOS 5 Gold Master - Leave Feedback here!

yertle

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
bugs

On an iPhone 4 with GM release.

I'm pretty sure the Notifications setting area is buggy. I added Mail to the notification center, but I want it to display above the Stock ticker. I can Edit and move it up, but Notifications keeps moving everything back. I've also seen some weirdness with iCloud settings syncing, where I'll make a change in Settings and come back later and it has reverted.

yertle

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Also, wasn't there supposed to be a full message email search? I don't see that option on either gmail or exchange. Maybe I need to configure gmail as IMAP?

Got the Shakes

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Wifi sync has been FUBAR from its introduction in about Beta 2. Turned it off. Using iCloud for backups and syncing.

Well at least it's not only me. I liked the thought of being able to wirelessly sync stuff from iTunes to my phone wirelessly, especially since I'm working at ripping some of my old cd's to it. Maybe I'll just have to wait until iTunes Match is available.

glopezur

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Also, wasn't there supposed to be a full message email search? I don't see that option on either gmail or exchange. Maybe I need to configure gmail as IMAP?

now when you start a search on mail, below the search field appears four options:
From
To
Subject
All

If you select All, it makes a full message email search.

Last edited:

coltoasty

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
IOS5 is not yet considered in production...

Has anyone considered that the reason you're getting this error quickly after checking for update is that the production update servers aren't yet live since IOS5 isn't officially live?

Our IOS5 beta OTA updates were being hosted from development servers, the same way iCloud was being hosted.

Patience, young padawans. ;)

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Only thing I'm seeing is notification center or ios5 itself is using 40-50 more mb's of RAM than ios4 jailbroken or not. One thing is deleting apps. They kind of tilt a little, kind of hard to explain. Ios5 GM is very clean from what I've seen. But just like any new software. Apple will release it and within 1 week or 2 weeks they will have 1 or 2 minor updates for a bug fix, so 5.0.1 or 5.0.2 will be in late October i would say

wittc

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I have the GM version installed on both my Verizon iPhone 4 and my iPad2 wifi. I am missing the location feature for reminders and also the camera icon on the lock screen. Am I missing where to set these up?

I wonder if this is really the GM from Apple? I will wait until next Wednesday to update my Gen 1 iPad and iPod Touch 4G!

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I have the GM version installed on both my Verizon iPhone 4 and my iPad2 wifi. I am missing the location feature for reminders and also the camera icon on the lock screen. Am I missing where to set these up?

Interesting, I have both of those options on my VZW iPhone 4.

Sent from my VZW iPhone using Tapatalk

Hogosha

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I guess I'm still a n00b at all of this because yesterday was the first time I've tinkered with putting something on my phone wasn't on a release date by Apple. I put the iOS 5 GM on there using iTunes 10.5 beta 7 for Windows.
When the release comes out on the 12th for iOS 5 and iTunes, will I be able to get it all without an issue? Or will having the GM on my phone already cause a problem I didn't think about?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
on the 12th..

I believe you'll just need to update your iTunes, restart, and the select restore in your summary section. then it's up to you if you would like to "Restore as New" or from "Backup" when given the option

basically you are restoring the device, but with the final release version

some people just continue to use the GM but i may restore on the 12th myself

Reactions: Hogosha

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for sharing. Is this available for the regular iOS developers who pays $99 a year?
I still wish I could finish my first iPhone App.

There are only developers, no categories. If you paid your $99, you can get it.

Wireless sync has ceased working for me now, after working just great throughout all the betas. One minute it works, next minute my Mac doesn't even see the iPhone. <sigh> I'm still blaming iTunes.

jakej914

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
There are only developers, no categories. If you paid your $99, you can get it.

Wireless sync has ceased working for me now, after working just great throughout all the betas. One minute it works, next minute my Mac doesn't even see the iPhone. <sigh> I'm still blaming iTunes.

Hm. That's really odd. I haven't had any issues syncing over wifi on my MBP. However, after sync is complete/my iPhone is disconnected from wifi, it still shows as a connected device on iTunes.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I believe you'll just need to update your iTunes, restart, and the select restore in your summary section. then it's up to you if you would like to "Restore as New" or from "Backup" when given the option

basically you are restoring the device, but with the final release version

some people just continue to use the GM but i may restore on the 12th myself

There is no difference from GM and the version that releases. Same exact version. No need to restore unless you are having issues.

isrararrafi

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
ok, so i got the GM version today for my iPad 1. Couple of problems i am having

1. no notification center in the lock screen, even though i have it enabled for 5 of my apps including email. the notifications show fine when in the pull down menu but nothing in the lock screen. Anyone else having these problems?

2. can't find option in reminder for the location based reminder. Only have the option to set the day on/off. btw...my ipad is wifi based only. could that be a reason? nothing in apple website says it wont work for ipad

3. multi gestures specified as a feature in apple website dont seem to work (swiping 4 fingers to switch between apps or pinch to go to home screen. (i searched online and seemed like it was not enabled for the betas yet! is that true for the GM version too?

and out of curiousity i know iphones will get weather and stock info on the notification center. But ipad dont have those built in apps..but will it be possible for the app creators of accuweather or the weather channel to make those infos available on the notification center?

i hope these r not noob questions

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi I'm new to this forum and just updated to the gm version today a few hours ago and just have Agee concerns. When I try to get my contacts backed up with the contact transfer Verizon app it doesn't want to go through it keeps saying it couldn't connect and to try again later it's like it doesn't get signal same with my tikl talk app I try and walkie talkie but still doesn't connect any suggestions? Tried wifi but I can't back up my contacts through wifi and regular trying wont go thru also I have that same update issue where I click look for new update and I get the error message suggestions?

And when Wednesday comes around will we be able to ota the official update since alot of people did that when going from beta 7 to GM

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner