Apple seeds iOS 5 Gold Master - Leave Feedback here!

DjEli#WN

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
jakej914 never mind that was the issue...It alerted me but i never click TAsk done so thats why it was staying there...It back to normal...Thanks...

Got the Shakes

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone else had problem getting Wi-Fi Sync to work? I have tried everything I can think of and still it won't sync when I plug it into a power outlet and the sync button is greyed out if I want to do it manually.

robertpetry

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm not getting drop down notifications - just the standard pop ups. I can pull down notification center but when new meetings/emails etc. come it - pop up.

also, no weather or stocks on the lock screen. Normal?

Genericmessage00

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm not getting drop down notifications - just the standard pop ups. I can pull down notification center but when new meetings/emails etc. come it - pop up.

also, no weather or stocks on the lock screen. Normal?

Have to change it in the notifications settings within' settings.

This one had me going too until I played with it for awhile.

robertpetry

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Have to change it in the notifications settings within' settings.

This one had me going too until I played with it for awhile.

You have to change it on all apps individually?

wow. 90% of users will never find that or know you can do it.

Edit: Well it looks like most are set that way by default except Phone and Calendar on mine. That doesn't make sense to me.

Genericmessage00

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
You have to change it on all apps individually?

wow. 90% of users will never find that or know you can do it.

Edit: Well it looks like most are set that way by default except Phone and Calendar on mine. That doesn't make sense to me.

Most of them. It even doesn't have some of them activated (my mail wasn't for some odd reason, weird)

But yeah. To default it to show as a pop-up and not a pull down will irritate many people on the 12th when it is released to the public.

Everyone is so excited about that polite little bar up-top and to have to set STILL to a pop up as default for many programs is foolish.

Also I notice a tiny bit of keyboard lag (I lose a single key press), when the bar slips away. Anyone experiencing this?

robertpetry

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Really, what they need is a master setting that "resets all" to the choice you make - Alerts or Banners. Then you could change individual settings if you wish.

glopezur

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Contacts

My problem is with the contacts application. after I upgraded to iOS 5GM all my contacts appear in the app on the left but on the right only appears 4 buttons. Create New contact, Add Existing contact, Share Contact and Edit. No matter which contact I select it keeps showing me the same four buttons. I've already checked my contacts on my mac and they are all ok. Anyone with this problem could comment?

RealAnthonyCamp

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
iOS 5 GM and Yahoo mail not working on my iPhone 4?

I have had my Yahoo account set up all of my iOS devices since 2007 and have never had an issue until now.

I installed the iOS 5 GM on my iPhone 4 on Tuesday, after the keynote, and since then my Yahoo mail has been acting strange to say the least. It only shows a few messages from September 21st/22nd and shows the link under those messages that reads "Load More Messages..." When I click the link to load more messages nothing happens. I have 6 email accounts set up on my phone (2 GMail, 1 MobileMe, 1 Yahoo, and 2 Exchange) and this is the only one behaving this way. I even deleted the account in Mail settings and re-added it but it still fails.

Anybody have any insight as to what might be going wrong?

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Here's my guess as to what is going on...with the Betas they had OTA updates pointing to test servers...for the GM ( and beyond ) they'll be using "live" servers...it's likely that these servers are not yet up and won't be until after iOS 5 is pushed live. It's just a guess though. Also, I'm not sure we'll be able to OTA update from GM to the public release, but we shall see.

keiffer6

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I would agree that the GM is smooth. I have not had any issues yet. However, I notice my battery life seems to have gotten worse. Not sure if it is just a coincidence or not though. Seems like I am constantly charging my phone this week.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro