iOS 5 Official Public Release

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
So after learning what we did today...i have a few questions.

Will my current iPhone 4 be upgradable to 64gb with an operating system upgrade?
Will the new iOS 5 upgrade my camera to 8 mp?
Will the iPhone 4 have SIRI?

Thanks
Bob

Answers: No, no, and I think no.

Your hardware is what it is when purchased - and upgrading the OS can't change that. As to Siri on an iPhone4 with iOS5 - I'm guessing that Siri will need the processor upgrade of the 4S to properly operate... but I could be wrong - I think this is the first that Siri has been in the mix for beta-testing. If someone has it working on an iPhone4, we'll know soon enough.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Will my current iPhone 4 be upgradable to 64gb with an operating system upgrade?

Thanks
Bob

No
No
No

v1nn1e

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
so after learning what we did today...i have a few questions.

Will my current iphone 4 be upgradable to 64gb with an operating system upgrade?
Will the new ios 5 upgrade my camera to 8 mp?
Will the iphone 4 have siri?

Thanks
bob

lol
srsly
ha

blondy250

May 22, 2011
Visit site

Thanks
Bob

Bro I can't believe after reading your post that you should have any kind of phone, WAY to complicated for you.

Bob_B

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Blondy250...really blondy...With a Blackberry, this is possible, thats why I was asking about this software, since this is the first major upgrade in quite a while. Sorry the rest of the world isn't as smart as you obviously are.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Blondy250...really blondy...With a Blackberry, this is possible, thats why I was asking about this software, since this is the first major upgrade in quite a while. Sorry the rest of the world isn't as smart as you obviously are.

Not to pile on, but really? On your BlackBerry you could increase the size of the camera sensor and increase device memory with a firmware upgrade? I'm calling BS on that one.

The question about Siri was legit - I'll give you that one.

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site

Ummm...no! Those would be hardware upgrades and no OS update is going to pull that off...but nice try!

Mistress of Mischief

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Not to pile on, but really? On your BlackBerry you could increase the size of the camera sensor and increase device memory with a firmware upgrade? I'm calling BS on that one.

The question about Siri was legit - I'll give you that one.

You sir are correct. As an ex-BB user and have like 12 of them in my phone collection currently there is no way to do this. The minute exception is the memory change in doing an BBOS update, sometimes you gain or lose *application* memory.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
You sir are correct. As an ex-BB user and have like 12 of them in my phone collection currently there is no way to do this. The minute exception is the memory change in doing an BBOS update, sometimes you gain or lose *application* memory.

But I cannot imagine the situation where an OS upgrade nets you +32GB of anything.

Blondy250 was right. Put it back in the box and head back to the store.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Is there a jailbreak out yet for ISO5?? Can I expect to jailbreak the day I get my 4S?

I'm sure there will be at least a tethered jailbreak for iOS 5. I know that there were tethered JB tools for the latest beta (B7).

The real question is whether the tether-less JB will be ready by then. And then the cat-and-mouse game between Apple and the jailbreakers starts up again.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
the GM currently has a tethered JB available. untethered can be a different story. i read elsewhere that the Devs may wait until the 4S is released

i am going wait for the untethered. i've been Pure for 3 months now, might as well wait a little longer...

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Didn't see this anywhere in the info, but can we use custom text/notification tones with iOS 5?

yes. SMS, email (1 for all), calendar, reminders etc.

apps are handled as per app. meaning if they offer options, great. if not then i'm afraid we're stuck with the crappy Tri-tone sound, which makes me want to throw my phone as hard as i can at a brick wall everytime i hear it. thus is one reason i will be jailbreaking

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox