iOS 5 Beta 8 Drops This Friday, Final Gold Master Version Next Week

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
There really has to be a beta 8. This version still has some fairly serious bugs.

There is nothing magical about early October though. I would rather it be solid than rushed...

-t

madisonjar

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Okay this may be a dumb question but I am new to the ios beta release cycle. Can ANYONE install a gm copy of the software on their phone? or do they still have to be on a developer account to get it activated to function 100%? it would be great to get ios5 up and running, thanks!

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
The GM will only be released to developers, however there will be no restrictions to it's physical implementation. They do not require UDID registration. It's supposed to be just like what ships and will be sent to the manufacturing sites to be loaded on new hardware.

Anyone who gave you a copy would be in violation of their agreement with Apple however.

-t

skaramanga

Sep 19, 2008
Visit site
Okay this may be a dumb question but I am new to the ios beta release cycle. Can ANYONE install a gm copy of the software on their phone? or do they still have to be on a developer account to get it activated to function 100%? it would be great to get ios5 up and running, thanks!

I believe that once the GM comes out, you can install it without having the phone registered with a dev account. Can't say that's 100% correct though!

madisonjar

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
The GM will only be released to developers, however there will be no restrictions to it's physical implementation. They do not require UDID registration. It's supposed to be just like what ships and will be sent to the manufacturing sites to be loaded on new hardware.

Anyone who gave you a copy would be in violation of their agreement with Apple however.

-t

I understand, but they do leak all the time dont they? I just had a taste of ios5 on someones phone and have to say it is a HUGE step forward for this phone.

v1nn1e

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site

-t

Give me $99/year, and I'll call you whatever you want.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
yeah, i guess the OP should have put a question mark at the end of the title or started it off with [Rumor]

what. a. loser.

Tharle games

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
That has nothing to do with ios5. That's because facebook hasn't updated its app to work with ios5 yet because ios5 hasn't been released. That's why it's called a BETA! When FB updates it's app for ios5 then it will work.

Has Facebook not updated to work it with IOS5? enlighten me about this....

tewest86

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Has Facebook not updated to work it with IOS5? enlighten me about this....

Not sure but I highly doubt it since we are still in the betas. You can check the App store and read the info about FB to see if they updated it to work with iOS5. Not many apps have been updated to work with iOS5 yet.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Ive never had a problem with facebook app with ios 5 betas.
Its a sluggish app to begin with but not because of ios 5 beta.

Yes it's sluggish but it performs even worse on iOS 5, I had to uninstall it because it was so bad. Same app version on my wife's iPhone 4 with OS 4.3.5 works much better.

dwfw

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Yes it's sluggish but it performs even worse on iOS 5, I had to uninstall it because it was so bad. Same app version on my wife's iPhone 4 with OS 4.3.5 works much better.

The Facebook app is one of the worst ever designed/written for iOS. With that said, it worse on iOS 5 - it's has become completely unusable. It refuses to update, and I can literally watch my battery drain while trying to use it. Uninstalling and re-installing it is good for ONE update, then the problems start all over again.

I can also confirm that it is at least usable on my wife's iPhone (iOS 4.3.3). I've been looking for an alternative app so I can trash the "official" FB app completely. (And there aren't even words for those clamoring for an "official" FB app for the iPad.)

hollidizzle

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
It's being released on Apple's schedule. Translation: Who knows. It will be here when it gets here.

I guess I don't understand folk's lives hanging on every beta release.

Maybe today. Maybe not.

Ehhh we're just bored i guess... and impatient lol :p

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2