iOS 5 Beta 8 Drops This Friday, Final Gold Master Version Next Week

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Whose to say there will even be a beta 8, perhaps Apple is content sending a GM on next week for installation and devs can get their copies, IF any bugs are still found Apple can push anything on launch day. Apple wants to move as many units as possible for the holiday quarter so the sooner it ships in October the more units ship in October. Updates can go anytime especially given the move to OTA updates.

djevolushun

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I am clueless but then again, maybe I have a point. I have a factory unlocked iP4 and am using it on T-Mobile. Since iOS5 is not ATT specific, why is it that I still cannot get MMS messages? I have read all day that its not supported since my carrier does not support the iPhone yet but this seems to be a software issue. iOS has nothing to do with T-Mobile so is this is an issue that will be rectified soon? I am on beta 7 at the moment and really getting frustrated! LOL I really would hate to have to go back to iOS4 but unless someone knows something here that I don't, it seems like its my only avenue. Any feedback is appreciated!

JoelHoward6

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
According to a post on the developers website, also on 9to5mac, Apple will reset the iCloud backup data this thursday, the 22nd. I think this goes along with the rumor about GM coming friday the 23rd. However, Apple did say they were going to wipe the iCloud servers before releasing the GM, so could they possibly release the GM during the downtime thursday (9AM-5PM PST) and not let you back up to iCloud until after you update to the GM, since i'm sure beta backups is something they want to get rid of before the release.

Source: As iCloud and iOS 5 launch nears, Apple plans iCloud backup reset for Sept. 22 | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
According to a post on the developers website, also on 9to5mac, Apple will reset the iCloud backup data this thursday, the 22nd. I think this goes along with the rumor about GM coming friday the 23rd. However, Apple did say they were going to wipe the iCloud servers before releasing the GM, so could they possibly release the GM during the downtime thursday (9AM-5PM PST) and not let you back up to iCloud until after you update to the GM, since i'm sure beta backups is something they want to get rid of before the release.

Source: As iCloud and iOS 5 launch nears, Apple plans iCloud backup reset for Sept. 22 | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence

Good info. That article makes sense.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
GM already? Hmm. I guess we'll see what happens. They've had a slight camera roll/camera bug since beta 1 which is 99% fixed. Just that one tiny little thing......

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
GM already? Hmm. I guess we'll see what happens. They've had a slight camera roll/camera bug since beta 1 which is 99% fixed. Just that one tiny little thing......

I have a feeling there will be a 5.0.1 and ect not long after release. There still are many little bugs and all won't be right before they release. You know it just as well as I do.

JoelHoward6

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I seem to have a few problems with Safari kicking me off/freezing, but other than that all seems fine on b7. I am however having problems with iCloud pushing email to my phone. I don't necessarily know if that's a problem since others say a reset fixes it, but it's just not working for me. Hopefully GM is really close though, it's been almost three weeks since b7, so maybe they're just handing the rest of the bugs themselves before going GM.

(BTW, I know I just popped up in the threads out of no where, even though I registered earlier this year, but I read the TiPb forums on a daily basis, don't know why i've never posted, so although it seems like i'm new, i'm not, just never posted until now. Just thought i'd try to help.)

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
And what is that tiny little thing?

Take a picture (and it's best the camera roll be empty). It'll put a thumbnail on the bottom right. Tap on it and delete it. Go back to the camera after deleting it and that thumbnail should be blank now. If you had pics already, it should show the previous pic you took.

Now do the same thing, but instead delete it from the photo app. When you switch back to the camera app, you'll notice that thumbnail didn't clear. That's the bug. If you force quit the camera app, it'll clear the thumbnail.

Also, sometimes when you switch back to your texts, it's unresponsive for almost 10 seconds. Emails don't come through when on a call when on 3G (gsm). Also, when you get a notification of a text, it can take almost 10 seconds to see the message.

Just small things.....

skaramanga

Sep 19, 2008
Visit site
The main issue I have is the Music app is extremely buggy (surprisingly so), won't play a lot of the music and also crashes when trying to delete a podcast

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
The main issue I have is the Music app is extremely buggy (surprisingly so), won't play a lot of the music and also crashes when trying to delete a podcast

deleting files within the music app are supposed to crash. it's in the developer notes

other than that my music app works fantastic!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I have a feeling there will be a 5.0.1 and ect not long after release. There still are many little bugs and all won't be right before they release. You know it just as well as I do.

agreed. not only for some bug fixes but to help the fight against the jailbreak too

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox