iOS 5 Beta 8 Drops This Friday, Final Gold Master Version Next Week

hpcomputergeek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Well, seems like no iOS 5 beta 8, yet. May not even come out today! It just might check for an update and that's it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I just honestly want the GM release already -.-

No you don't. There are some issues pending that do affect the experience. My biggest peeve right now is where I will be doing things and then task switch over to text messages and there is a delay of about 7 seconds before it becomes responsive. It started in beta 6. There is still a camera/photo library cache bug. Battery life has declined since beta 5.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I heard something last night that this beta wouldn't becoming until Monday. I tweeted about it last night. I was hoping it was wrong. Well we have 1 hour left today or even tomorrow. Keeping fingers crossed for a release of it soon.

JeremyHD

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
No you don't. There are some issues pending that do affect the experience. My biggest peeve right now is where I will be doing things and then task switch over to text messages and there is a delay of about 7 seconds before it becomes responsive. It started in beta 6. There is still a camera/photo library cache bug. Battery life has declined since beta 5.

Yes I do.

My experience is fine.. Everything works perfectly.

Also, the last Beta is 8.. So we'll see what it fixes etc.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Yes I do.

My experience is fine.. Everything works perfectly.

Also, the last Beta is 8.. So we'll see what it fixes etc.

I agree with ghostface. Battery has taken a hit since beta 5. Not nearly as good. Also, there are some bugs left to be fixed. I wouldn't be happy if this was a GM release. Actually I would be angry. I hope Apple gets it pretty close to rock solid for beta 8.

bizfox

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
ha all kidding aside. i wonder if we can go from beta 7 to GM..

I assume if we don't hear anything re: beta 8 any time this week or the next that we will be approaching GM soon. Again, it's really Apple's call (but it's fun to speculate lol)...

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Unfortunately things do change at times and don't go according to plan (if it was really scheduled to drop yesterday). We are still a few weeks away from October so it doesn't necessarily shock me. Apple has a bit of time left.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately things do change at times and don't go according to plan (if it was really scheduled to drop yesterday). We are still a few weeks away from October so it doesn't necessarily shock me. Apple has a bit of time left.

It was scheduled to drop yesterday but that changed before yesterday even arrived. I had a bad feeling it wasn't going to drop. Yes things change all the time.

Neutrino

Banned
Jun 7, 2009
Visit site

Apple's master plan - now that is going to be interesting. Timing is everything to Apple. Wonder whose shoe is going to drop next!

toomanyphones

Oct 14, 2008
Visit site
Apple didn't say it was coming out yesterday. It was someone's guess and I am sure some body will guess right one of these days. I would be happy to see it this weekend but I am not holding my breath.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i don't see b8 coming out on Sunday but then again nobody really thought a beta would be dropping on a Saturday either

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods