Ive never had a problem with facebook app with ios 5 betas.
    Its a sluggish app to begin with but not because of ios 5 beta.
    Yes it's sluggish but it performs even worse on iOS 5, I had to uninstall it because it was so bad. Same app version on my wife's iPhone 4 with OS 4.3.5 works much better.
    09-23-2011 09:23 AM
    Yes it's sluggish but it performs even worse on iOS 5, I had to uninstall it because it was so bad. Same app version on my wife's iPhone 4 with OS 4.3.5 works much better.
    The Facebook app is one of the worst ever designed/written for iOS. With that said, it worse on iOS 5 - it's has become completely unusable. It refuses to update, and I can literally watch my battery drain while trying to use it. Uninstalling and re-installing it is good for ONE update, then the problems start all over again.

I can also confirm that it is at least usable on my wife's iPhone (iOS 4.3.3). I've been looking for an alternative app so I can trash the "official" FB app completely. (And there aren't even words for those clamoring for an "official" FB app for the iPad.)
    09-23-2011 09:56 AM
    Any word yet on Beta 8? *suspense*
    09-23-2011 09:59 AM
    Any word yet on Beta 8? *suspense*
    It's being released on Apple's schedule. Translation: Who knows. It will be here when it gets here.

I guess I don't understand folk's lives hanging on every beta release.

Maybe today. Maybe not.
    09-23-2011 10:00 AM
    It's being released on Apple's schedule. Translation: Who knows. It will be here when it gets here.

I guess I don't understand folk's lives hanging on every beta release.

Maybe today. Maybe not.

Ehhh we're just bored i guess... and impatient lol
    09-23-2011 10:07 AM
    Ehhh we're just bored i guess... and impatient lol
    Understood.
    09-23-2011 11:07 AM
    3:30 Cupertino time. Still nothing. Not much time left for it to drop today.
    09-23-2011 06:32 PM
    It looks like a bust... now after 4:30 on the left coast, and nada. Just checked the Dev site and no indication of anything happening over there. So much for B8 last Friday and GM today.

Still happy with B7 - stil very, very solid for me.
    09-23-2011 07:36 PM
    Don't suppose you heard anything to suggest its still on the way? Saturday release happened before...

I'm thinking beta 8 got skipped for whatever reason, perhaps waiting on GM at the launch announcement, perhaps early October? If it does launch almost right away though doesn't give long for final apps to be submitted and approved.
    09-24-2011 12:54 AM
84 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD