GM already? Hmm. I guess we'll see what happens. They've had a slight camera roll/camera bug since beta 1 which is 99% fixed. Just that one tiny little thing......
    09-18-2011 11:52 PM
    GM already? Hmm. I guess we'll see what happens. They've had a slight camera roll/camera bug since beta 1 which is 99% fixed. Just that one tiny little thing......
    I have a feeling there will be a 5.0.1 and ect not long after release. There still are many little bugs and all won't be right before they release. You know it just as well as I do.
    09-18-2011 11:58 PM
    Hmmm...and two new models! Sounds interesting.
    09-19-2011 12:03 AM
    I seem to have a few problems with Safari kicking me off/freezing, but other than that all seems fine on b7. I am however having problems with iCloud pushing email to my phone. I don't necessarily know if that's a problem since others say a reset fixes it, but it's just not working for me. Hopefully GM is really close though, it's been almost three weeks since b7, so maybe they're just handing the rest of the bugs themselves before going GM.

(BTW, I know I just popped up in the threads out of no where, even though I registered earlier this year, but I read the TiPb forums on a daily basis, don't know why i've never posted, so although it seems like i'm new, i'm not, just never posted until now. Just thought i'd try to help.)
    09-19-2011 12:05 AM
    GM already? Hmm. I guess we'll see what happens.
    Which brings up my point...is the GM going to have MMS support for unlocked iPhone's? I know it may be speculation, but please sound off some thoughts so I can better plan my attack in the next few days!
    09-19-2011 12:05 AM
    And what is that tiny little thing?
    09-19-2011 12:06 AM
    And what is that tiny little thing?
    Take a picture (and it's best the camera roll be empty). It'll put a thumbnail on the bottom right. Tap on it and delete it. Go back to the camera after deleting it and that thumbnail should be blank now. If you had pics already, it should show the previous pic you took.

Now do the same thing, but instead delete it from the photo app. When you switch back to the camera app, you'll notice that thumbnail didn't clear. That's the bug. If you force quit the camera app, it'll clear the thumbnail.

Also, sometimes when you switch back to your texts, it's unresponsive for almost 10 seconds. Emails don't come through when on a call when on 3G (gsm). Also, when you get a notification of a text, it can take almost 10 seconds to see the message.

Just small things.....
    09-20-2011 09:06 AM
    The main issue I have is the Music app is extremely buggy (surprisingly so), won't play a lot of the music and also crashes when trying to delete a podcast
    09-20-2011 09:27 AM
    The main issue I have is the Music app is extremely buggy (surprisingly so), won't play a lot of the music and also crashes when trying to delete a podcast
    deleting files within the music app are supposed to crash. it's in the developer notes

other than that my music app works fantastic!
    09-20-2011 10:12 AM
    I have a feeling there will be a 5.0.1 and ect not long after release. There still are many little bugs and all won't be right before they release. You know it just as well as I do.
    agreed. not only for some bug fixes but to help the fight against the jailbreak too
    09-20-2011 10:13 AM
    There really has to be a beta 8. This version still has some fairly serious bugs.

There is nothing magical about early October though. I would rather it be solid than rushed...

-t
    09-20-2011 10:18 AM
    There really has to be a beta 8. This version still has some fairly serious bugs.

There is nothing magical about early October though. I would rather it be solid than rushed...

-t
    Define serious.
    09-20-2011 10:55 AM
    We have more than 40 outstanding reports, many API related for the last beta.

-t
    09-20-2011 11:29 AM
    Okay this may be a dumb question but I am new to the ios beta release cycle. Can ANYONE install a gm copy of the software on their phone? or do they still have to be on a developer account to get it activated to function 100%? it would be great to get ios5 up and running, thanks!
    09-22-2011 09:25 AM
    The GM will only be released to developers, however there will be no restrictions to it's physical implementation. They do not require UDID registration. It's supposed to be just like what ships and will be sent to the manufacturing sites to be loaded on new hardware.

Anyone who gave you a copy would be in violation of their agreement with Apple however.

-t
    09-22-2011 09:39 AM
    Okay this may be a dumb question but I am new to the ios beta release cycle. Can ANYONE install a gm copy of the software on their phone? or do they still have to be on a developer account to get it activated to function 100%? it would be great to get ios5 up and running, thanks!
    I believe that once the GM comes out, you can install it without having the phone registered with a dev account. Can't say that's 100% correct though!
    09-22-2011 09:40 AM
    The GM will only be released to developers, however there will be no restrictions to it's physical implementation. They do not require UDID registration. It's supposed to be just like what ships and will be sent to the manufacturing sites to be loaded on new hardware.

Anyone who gave you a copy would be in violation of their agreement with Apple however.

-t
    I understand, but they do leak all the time dont they? I just had a taste of ios5 on someones phone and have to say it is a HUGE step forward for this phone.
    09-22-2011 09:55 AM
    The GM will only be released to developers..yap yap yap...blah blah blah...Anyone who gave you a copy would be in violation of their agreement with Apple however.

-t
    Yeah like that ever stopped anyone.
    09-22-2011 10:03 AM
    i wonder if the GM will be available OTA..
    09-22-2011 12:18 PM

-t
    Give me $99/year, and I'll call you whatever you want.
    09-22-2011 01:01 PM
    So where is it?? Thought it would be out by now.
    09-22-2011 04:05 PM
    yeah, i guess the OP should have put a question mark at the end of the title or started it off with [Rumor]

what. a. loser.
    09-22-2011 07:02 PM
    yeah, i guess the OP should have put a question mark at the end of the title or started it off with [Rumor]

what. a. loser.
    ha ha yeah what a tool!!

Just Kidding
    BLiNK likes this.
    09-23-2011 02:46 AM
    That has nothing to do with ios5. That's because facebook hasn't updated its app to work with ios5 yet because ios5 hasn't been released. That's why it's called a BETA! When FB updates it's app for ios5 then it will work.
    Has Facebook not updated to work it with IOS5? enlighten me about this....
    09-23-2011 08:33 AM
    Has Facebook not updated to work it with IOS5? enlighten me about this....
    Not sure but I highly doubt it since we are still in the betas. You can check the App store and read the info about FB to see if they updated it to work with iOS5. Not many apps have been updated to work with iOS5 yet.
    09-23-2011 09:14 AM
84 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD