No you don't. There are some issues pending that do affect the experience. My biggest peeve right now is where I will be doing things and then task switch over to text messages and there is a delay of about 7 seconds before it becomes responsive. It started in beta 6. There is still a camera/photo library cache bug. Battery life has declined since beta 5.
    Yes I do.

My experience is fine.. Everything works perfectly.

Also, the last Beta is 8.. So we'll see what it fixes etc.
    09-16-2011 07:11 PM
    Yes I do.

My experience is fine.. Everything works perfectly.

Also, the last Beta is 8.. So we'll see what it fixes etc.
    I agree with ghostface. Battery has taken a hit since beta 5. Not nearly as good. Also, there are some bugs left to be fixed. I wouldn't be happy if this was a GM release. Actually I would be angry. I hope Apple gets it pretty close to rock solid for beta 8.
    09-16-2011 07:22 PM
    How about we skip beta 8? *whispers* GM! GM! GM! j/k
    09-16-2011 08:07 PM
    How about we skip beta 8? *whispers* GM! GM! GM! j/k
    ha all kidding aside. i wonder if we can go from beta 7 to GM..
    09-16-2011 10:47 PM
    ha all kidding aside. i wonder if we can go from beta 7 to GM..
    I assume if we don't hear anything re: beta 8 any time this week or the next that we will be approaching GM soon. Again, it's really Apple's call (but it's fun to speculate lol)...
    09-16-2011 11:46 PM
    I caaaaan't waaaaait!
    09-16-2011 11:49 PM
    iOS 5 Official will released soon !
    Wait for the advance !
    09-17-2011 05:10 AM
    So I guess rumors were incorrect. I was really hoping for beta 8 yesterday.
    09-17-2011 08:40 AM
    So I guess rumors were incorrect. I was really hoping for beta 8 yesterday.
    Agreed!

But I hope it's today at least !
    09-17-2011 10:29 AM
    Unfortunately things do change at times and don't go according to plan (if it was really scheduled to drop yesterday). We are still a few weeks away from October so it doesn't necessarily shock me. Apple has a bit of time left.
    09-17-2011 10:40 AM
    Unfortunately things do change at times and don't go according to plan (if it was really scheduled to drop yesterday). We are still a few weeks away from October so it doesn't necessarily shock me. Apple has a bit of time left.
    It was scheduled to drop yesterday but that changed before yesterday even arrived. I had a bad feeling it wasn't going to drop. Yes things change all the time.
    09-17-2011 01:26 PM
    Apple's master plan - now that is going to be interesting. Timing is everything to Apple. Wonder whose shoe is going to drop next!
    09-17-2011 02:31 PM
    The SUSPENSE is KILLING me.....!!!!!
    09-17-2011 09:29 PM
    Apple didn't say it was coming out yesterday. It was someone's guess and I am sure some body will guess right one of these days. I would be happy to see it this weekend but I am not holding my breath.
    09-17-2011 09:38 PM
    i don't see b8 coming out on Sunday but then again nobody really thought a beta would be dropping on a Saturday either
    09-17-2011 10:30 PM
    Whose to say there will even be a beta 8, perhaps Apple is content sending a GM on next week for installation and devs can get their copies, IF any bugs are still found Apple can push anything on launch day. Apple wants to move as many units as possible for the holiday quarter so the sooner it ships in October the more units ship in October. Updates can go anytime especially given the move to OTA updates.
    09-18-2011 11:22 AM
    Maybe I am clueless but then again, maybe I have a point. I have a factory unlocked iP4 and am using it on T-Mobile. Since iOS5 is not ATT specific, why is it that I still cannot get MMS messages? I have read all day that its not supported since my carrier does not support the iPhone yet but this seems to be a software issue. iOS has nothing to do with T-Mobile so is this is an issue that will be rectified soon? I am on beta 7 at the moment and really getting frustrated! LOL I really would hate to have to go back to iOS4 but unless someone knows something here that I don't, it seems like its my only avenue. Any feedback is appreciated!
    09-18-2011 07:22 PM
    Latest rumor is next beta is coming the 21st but then again all other rumors were wrong too
    09-18-2011 11:20 PM
    I guess I will patiently wait!
    09-18-2011 11:21 PM
    Ok now latest rumor says this Friday. It just keeps changing. iOS 5 beta 8 coming this Friday, GM on the 23rd, iPhone 5 launch early October as rumored?

*edit* that link was posted on the 13th. Never mind that.
    Last edited by Garz; 09-18-2011 at 11:45 PM.
    09-18-2011 11:29 PM
    Wasn't that for last Friday? The 16th?
    09-18-2011 11:34 PM
    Wasn't that for last Friday? The 16th?
    Thanks for pointing that out. Didn't catch it
    09-18-2011 11:37 PM
    Which makes it worse... LOL
    09-18-2011 11:39 PM
    According to a post on the developers website, also on 9to5mac, Apple will reset the iCloud backup data this thursday, the 22nd. I think this goes along with the rumor about GM coming friday the 23rd. However, Apple did say they were going to wipe the iCloud servers before releasing the GM, so could they possibly release the GM during the downtime thursday (9AM-5PM PST) and not let you back up to iCloud until after you update to the GM, since i'm sure beta backups is something they want to get rid of before the release.

Source: As iCloud and iOS 5 launch nears, Apple plans iCloud backup reset for Sept. 22 | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence
    09-18-2011 11:41 PM
    According to a post on the developers website, also on 9to5mac, Apple will reset the iCloud backup data this thursday, the 22nd. I think this goes along with the rumor about GM coming friday the 23rd. However, Apple did say they were going to wipe the iCloud servers before releasing the GM, so could they possibly release the GM during the downtime thursday (9AM-5PM PST) and not let you back up to iCloud until after you update to the GM, since i'm sure beta backups is something they want to get rid of before the release.

Source: As iCloud and iOS 5 launch nears, Apple plans iCloud backup reset for Sept. 22 | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence
    Good info. That article makes sense.
    09-18-2011 11:49 PM
84 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD