Unable to define custom APN in iOS 5 beta 7

anishkurup

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
As it used to happen before, the GPRS setting for my Carrier is not getting detected by iOS 5 beta 7. But earlier there used to be an option to define Customer APN setting at Setting->General->Network->Cellular Data.

But in iOS 5 beta 7 the Cellular Data Option is missing.

Can someone help me in defining the custom APN setting as the GPRS is no longer working on my phone?

Thanks

hggs

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
APN manual settings depend on the carrier profile that is sent to your phone when it first connects to their network, whenever they push it out, or when you reset your phone. If the carrier is not an official iPhone carrier, your iPhone will show the manual settings. If they are an official iPhone carrier, they have the choice of leaving the option in or removing it.

My best thought on your problem is that it is not a beta issue, but a carrier issue. It seems your phone did not get your carrier profile before, but now it has. Please try contacting your carrier if they officially support manual APN settings. If not, then the only other option is to JailBreak your phone.

Last edited:

TheNightMare

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your reply, I did not face this problem neither with
previous official or beta versions.
I found this in another forum and it solved my problem

Those with the data not working. I had the same problem.

Here's how to "solve" it.

Go (with iPhone, so wifi is needed) to help.benm.at -> tethering -> create your own.

Fill in the fields, download/install it and reboot.

The menu does not appear, but data network works now.

Reactions: anishkurup

drusman

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Personal hotspot still missing :/

Hi there!

The above feature does appear to solve the issue as I wasn't able to use my data due to lack of APN settings and now I can. But the Personal Hotspot which has been there in every iOS 5 beta till "beta 6" has not appeared even after creating a custom profile with benm.at profile even though my carrier fully allows tethering!

Any suggestions? :confused:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2