View Poll Results: anyone planning on jailbreaking iOS 5?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 48.72%
  • No

6 15.38%
  • Unsure

12 30.77%
  • Never have and never will

2 5.13%
    i have been Pure for a while now and i am not so sure what i would do it for

i have gotten used to the native SMS and do not really care about themes anymore..

i'm sure there will be something i "think" i will need but if it comes with a cost of compromising my battery or overall performance it will be easier to NOT
    09-01-2011 02:31 PM
    I will. Need to have MyWi.
    09-01-2011 02:58 PM
    At this point, I am not sure that I would. No longer a compelling reason, IMO.

• MyWi? Not interested.
    • SBSettings? Maybe.
    • BiteSMS? Probably not.
    • Lockinfo? Probably not.
    • Themes? Definitely not.
    09-01-2011 03:35 PM
    I will. Need to have MyWi.
    You are a brave soul! No WAY am I risking my unlimited data. I'll just buy a wireless router for the office and I'm all set.
    Premium1 likes this.
    09-01-2011 04:11 PM
    There is no wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy in hell I would ever, EVER go pure. If ever there is a day where no JB exists for the iPhone I will switch to a different platform. I used my phone on 4.3.5 and I lasted half a day on the horrible OS, JB enables too much customization I can't live without it. I'm now on the 4.3.5 tethered JB and I'm trying to kill my battery just to have to DFU and reboot. I have no battery issues whatsoever, so yeah no JB means I aint updating.
    09-02-2011 11:06 AM
    You are a brave soul! No WAY am I risking my unlimited data. I'll just buy a wireless router for the office and I'm all set.
    Im on verizon and havent had any issues.
    09-02-2011 11:32 AM
    I have it jailbroken AND gevey unlocked on iOS 5 beta 7 No problems waht so ever.
    09-06-2011 07:42 PM

I definitely am!! I've been stuck on stock iOS 4.3.5 since Sunday and I'm already going through jailbreak withdrawal.
    09-06-2011 07:47 PM
    Hell yes, even with some of the things Apple is adding for OS5 there are still many huge holes, we STILL cannot quickreply to a text without leaving whatever we're doing (ridiculous), there's still no easy access to settings (SB settings), you still won't know if you have any notifications pending (no statusbar icons), no widgets, and many many other tweaks jailbreaking allows.

Not to mention we still can't theme anything on the phone without jailbreaking, it's nice to be able to change out ugly icons (especially those STILL not retina quality), and change the ugly dull grayscale hell Apple forces onto us.
    09-07-2011 03:01 AM
    i was all hot & bothered when i did not have my calendar snooze feature at first but now i can live without it. i have worked on my procrastination since then haha!

statusbar icon(s) would be pretty nice though
    09-07-2011 04:38 PM
    Oh yes I will be jailbreaking my iPhone 4. Just for the multitasking tweak for notification centre because my home button is a bit dodgy. So it would be a nice solution for me. plus some of the new widgets like Facebook and twitter for notification centre look really cool.
    09-07-2011 05:02 PM
    If there was a jailbreak for its 5 for the iPad 2, I would jailbreak my iPad 2. But too bad, you just kinda lost a jailbreak user.
    09-07-2011 05:10 PM
    I've been pure since the beta version of iOS 5 came out. I can say that I'm quite happy with it. I do miss the features of biteSMS but can do without for now.

Once new jailbreak apps are available for iOS 5 I may jailbreak again if something looks really cool and functional. But for now I'm happy without the jailbreak.
    09-07-2011 05:44 PM
    There is no wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy in hell I would ever, EVER go pure. If ever there is a day where no JB exists for the iPhone I will switch to a different platform. I used my phone on 4.3.5 and I lasted half a day on the horrible OS, JB enables too much customization I can't live without it. I'm now on the 4.3.5 tethered JB and I'm trying to kill my battery just to have to DFU and reboot. I have no battery issues whatsoever, so yeah no JB means I aint updating.
    If IOS5 makes my ToneFx obsolele, i may go pure! I've heard that it could also make Lockinfo redundant! What are your thoughts.
    09-07-2011 10:39 PM
    Absolutely. IMHO, a non JB iPhone is only being used at half capacity. I respect those who do not, but for me it's essential. Both my sons have iPhones, and I have an i4 and an iPad, all of which are jailbroken.
    redbeard likes this.
    09-07-2011 10:53 PM
    I hate jail braking, that just means you will have to wait for any updates and I hate waiting.
    09-08-2011 11:39 AM
    I hate jail braking, that just means you will have to wait for any updates and I hate waiting.
    a true jailbreaker does not mind waiting since they already have their device tweaked to their liking anyways

if updating is something you prey on then i am afraid jailbreaking is not for you to begin with
    redbeard likes this.
    09-08-2011 01:01 PM
    a true jailbreaker does not mind waiting since they already have their device tweaked to their liking anyways

if updating is something you prey on then i am afraid jailbreaking is not for you to begin with
    Couldn't agree more with you. No one has to jump on an update as soon as it becomes available. I was on 4.1.2 up until Sunday.
    redbeard likes this.
    09-08-2011 01:57 PM
    If IOS5 makes my ToneFx obsolele, i may go pure! I've heard that it could also make Lockinfo redundant! What are your thoughts.
    Until iOS lets me do things from the lock screeninstead of sending me to an unlocked appit won't replace Lockinfo.
    grunt0300 likes this.
    09-08-2011 05:14 PM
    Until iOS lets me do things from the lock screeninstead of sending me to an unlocked appit won't replace Lockinfo.
    What about ToneFx, for changing phone sounds?
    09-08-2011 06:52 PM
    due to some of my apps using 'Tri-tone' as the default tone (for notifications) i will most definitely need to change that. horrible sound
    09-09-2011 12:19 AM
    Don't know why I would want to jailbreak at this point, iOS 5 does everything that I want it to do.
    09-09-2011 01:15 AM
    What about ToneFx, for changing phone sounds?
    Never used itI generally just ssh my sounds in right after jb'ing.
    09-09-2011 09:03 AM
    Never used itI generally just ssh my sounds in right after jb'ing.
    I've heard that after ssh'ing, your sounds stay with your phone even if you upgrade. I have just one minor problem... I don't know how to ssh! Maybe a step by step guide(for Mac) would help.
    09-09-2011 12:10 PM
    I'm not sure if I'll jailbreak again. The main reason I did was because of the themes. I found myself hoping my iPhone wouldn't just stop working every time I touched it. I just don't know enough to be comfortable with it. Seemed like every time I tried to learn a little something on it, I found 10 more things I needed to know before I changed what i wanted to. Confusing for me. So, I'll probably just stay pure, but I did try and I did LOVE it (what I felt comfortable doing at least).
    09-09-2011 01:36 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD