• Unsure

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • Never have and never will

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
due to some of my apps using 'Tri-tone' as the default tone (for notifications) i will most definitely need to change that. horrible sound

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Never used it?I generally just ssh my sounds in right after jb'ing.

I've heard that after ssh'ing, your sounds stay with your phone even if you upgrade. I have just one minor problem... I don't know how to ssh! Maybe a step by step guide(for Mac) would help. :confused:

Ariyala

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure if I'll jailbreak again. The main reason I did was because of the themes. I found myself hoping my iPhone wouldn't just stop working every time I touched it. I just don't know enough to be comfortable with it. Seemed like every time I tried to learn a little something on it, I found 10 more things I needed to know before I changed what i wanted to. Confusing for me. So, I'll probably just stay pure, but I did try and I did LOVE it (what I felt comfortable doing at least).

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Massie

Did some homework on how to SSH. Got all the way with Cyberduck, and actually saw all the phone files. Now i hit the roadblock. How do i put the ringtones that i have made(they are all in iTunes), into the file system? Can i also break into the iPhone's sound system, so as to add a ringtone for lock, unlock, text message, etc? If that can be done, then there's no need for me to jailbreak. I'm not into themes, just sounds. Thanks for your help.:)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Did some homework on how to SSH. Got all the way with Cyberduck, and actually saw all the phone files. Now i hit the roadblock. How do i put the ringtones that i have made(they are all in iTunes), into the file system? Can i also break into the iPhone's sound system, so as to add a ringtone for lock, unlock, text message, etc? If that can be done, then there's no need for me to jailbreak. I'm not into themes, just sounds. Thanks for your help.:)

this should help complete your process :)

http://forums.tipb.com/jailbreak-ap...l-sms-alert-nofifications-vzw-iphone-4-a.html

Reactions: anon(631531)

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site

Thanks. I'll give it a try. Now, if this works, i guess that it will permanently change the ringtones that i want on the phone. So i won't have to jailbreak again when ios5 comes out, unless i want to add more ringtones, right? I'm using a Mac, but i don't think that makes a difference. One more question. Isn't OpenSSH from Cydia? If i don't jailbreak the new ios5 when it comes out, how can i SSH into the file system to add more ringtones?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Thanks. I'll give it a try. Now, if this works, i guess that it will permanently change the ringtones that i want on the phone. So i won't have to jailbreak again when ios5 comes out, unless i want to add more ringtones, right? I'm using a Mac, but i don't think that makes a difference. One more question. Isn't OpenSSH from Cydia? If i don't jailbreak the new ios5 when it comes out, how can i SSH into the file system to add more ringtones?

unfortunately this process will have to be repeated after anytime you update your iOS or even a restore

SSH can only be achieved by jailbreaking

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
unfortunately this process will have to be repeated after anytime you update your iOS or even a restore

SSH can only be achieved by jailbreaking

Well, if that's the case, then why bother with SSH? I'll just rock with what i have, and wait for IOS5 to be released. Thanks for your help.:D

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I JB previously for lockinfo. With iOS 5, however, I will be staying pure...

Me too, however i like separate notifications(ringtones) for all functions,text alert, e-mail alert, lock & unlock alerts, etc. I believe that IOS5 has this capability, without having to jailbreak. If this is true, then i'm joining Team Pure!:D

brokenxreality

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I was "pure" for 24 hours this week and I could not live without sbsettings. So I am certain that if/when an untethered comes out for iOS 5 I will jailbreak. But I will be downloading iOS 5 day it is released so I'll probably end up "pure" again for a while.

serwan

Banned
Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Ios 5 is every thing to me, this is not in my opinEon to jailbreak my ios 5... Because i use my ipad 2 to check my CREDIT CARD, somi don't want to jailbreak it ,,,but i will jailbreak the next iphone

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I can live with or without jailbreaking. I've done it. I'm currently on a tethered 4.2.10. There is nothing special about jailbreaking for me. AppCake is the only reason I do it. Other than that, I have no use for it. MyWi? Congratulations to those who still have unlimited Internet. And can't I do what MyWi does on my Verizon iPhone anyways, without MyWi or a jailbreak?

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=41.102934,-74.046424
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Ios 5 is every thing to me, this is not in my opinEon to jailbreak my ios 5... Because i use my ipad 2 to check my CREDIT CARD, somi don't want to jailbreak it ,,,but i will jailbreak the next iphone

does that mean that you suspect keyloggers and such on jailbreaks? like you think jailbreaking and the apps that come with it are like viruses? because i actually had the same concerns