Votes: 12 30.8%
  • Never have and never will

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i have been Pure for a while now and i am not so sure what i would do it for

i have gotten used to the native SMS and do not really care about themes anymore..

i'm sure there will be something i "think" i will need but if it comes with a cost of compromising my battery or overall performance it will be easier to NOT

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
At this point, I am not sure that I would. No longer a compelling reason, IMO.

• MyWi? Not interested.
  • SBSettings? Maybe.
  • BiteSMS? Probably not.
  • Lockinfo? Probably not.
  • Themes? Definitely not.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
There is no wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy in hell I would ever, EVER go pure. If ever there is a day where no JB exists for the iPhone I will switch to a different platform. I used my phone on 4.3.5 and I lasted half a day on the horrible OS, JB enables too much customization I can't live without it. I'm now on the 4.3.5 tethered JB and I'm trying to kill my battery just to have to DFU and reboot. I have no battery issues whatsoever, so yeah no JB means I aint updating.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
yes_man.jpg

I definitely am!! I've been stuck on stock iOS 4.3.5 since Sunday and I'm already going through jailbreak withdrawal. :(

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Hell yes, even with some of the things Apple is adding for OS5 there are still many huge holes, we STILL cannot quickreply to a text without leaving whatever we're doing (ridiculous), there's still no easy access to settings (SB settings), you still won't know if you have any notifications pending (no statusbar icons), no widgets, and many many other tweaks jailbreaking allows.

Not to mention we still can't theme anything on the phone without jailbreaking, it's nice to be able to change out ugly icons (especially those STILL not retina quality), and change the ugly dull grayscale hell Apple forces onto us.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i was all hot & bothered when i did not have my calendar snooze feature at first but now i can live without it. i have worked on my procrastination since then haha!

statusbar icon(s) would be pretty nice though

adam1882

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Oh yes I will be jailbreaking my iPhone 4. Just for the multitasking tweak for notification centre because my home button is a bit dodgy. So it would be a nice solution for me. plus some of the new widgets like Facebook and twitter for notification centre look really cool.

jimmers

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
I've been pure since the beta version of iOS 5 came out. I can say that I'm quite happy with it. I do miss the features of biteSMS but can do without for now.

Once new jailbreak apps are available for iOS 5 I may jailbreak again if something looks really cool and functional. But for now I'm happy without the jailbreak.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
There is no wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy in hell I would ever, EVER go pure. If ever there is a day where no JB exists for the iPhone I will switch to a different platform. I used my phone on 4.3.5 and I lasted half a day on the horrible OS, JB enables too much customization I can't live without it. I'm now on the 4.3.5 tethered JB and I'm trying to kill my battery just to have to DFU and reboot. I have no battery issues whatsoever, so yeah no JB means I aint updating.

If IOS5 makes my ToneFx obsolele, i may go pure! I've heard that it could also make Lockinfo redundant! What are your thoughts.:)

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Absolutely. IMHO, a non JB iPhone is only being used at half capacity. I respect those who do not, but for me it's essential. Both my sons have iPhones, and I have an i4 and an iPad, all of which are jailbroken.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I hate jail braking, that just means you will have to wait for any updates and I hate waiting.

a true jailbreaker does not mind waiting since they already have their device tweaked to their liking anyways

if updating is something you prey on then i am afraid jailbreaking is not for you to begin with

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
a true jailbreaker does not mind waiting since they already have their device tweaked to their liking anyways

if updating is something you prey on then i am afraid jailbreaking is not for you to begin with

Couldn't agree more with you. No one has to jump on an update as soon as it becomes available. I was on 4.1.2 up until Sunday.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen