View Poll Results: anyone planning on jailbreaking iOS 5?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 48.72%
  • No

6 15.38%
  • Unsure

12 30.77%
  • Never have and never will

2 5.13%
    Did some homework on how to SSH. Got all the way with Cyberduck, and actually saw all the phone files. Now i hit the roadblock. How do i put the ringtones that i have made(they are all in iTunes), into the file system? Can i also break into the iPhone's sound system, so as to add a ringtone for lock, unlock, text message, etc? If that can be done, then there's no need for me to jailbreak. I'm not into themes, just sounds. Thanks for your help.
    09-09-2011 02:22 PM
    Did some homework on how to SSH. Got all the way with Cyberduck, and actually saw all the phone files. Now i hit the roadblock. How do i put the ringtones that i have made(they are all in iTunes), into the file system? Can i also break into the iPhone's sound system, so as to add a ringtone for lock, unlock, text message, etc? If that can be done, then there's no need for me to jailbreak. I'm not into themes, just sounds. Thanks for your help.
    this should help complete your process

http://forums.tipb.com/jailbreak-app...phone-4-a.html
    grunt0300 likes this.
    09-09-2011 02:34 PM
    this should help complete your process

http://forums.tipb.com/jailbreak-app...phone-4-a.html
    Thanks. I'll give it a try. Now, if this works, i guess that it will permanently change the ringtones that i want on the phone. So i won't have to jailbreak again when ios5 comes out, unless i want to add more ringtones, right? I'm using a Mac, but i don't think that makes a difference. One more question. Isn't OpenSSH from Cydia? If i don't jailbreak the new ios5 when it comes out, how can i SSH into the file system to add more ringtones?
    09-09-2011 03:09 PM
    Thanks. I'll give it a try. Now, if this works, i guess that it will permanently change the ringtones that i want on the phone. So i won't have to jailbreak again when ios5 comes out, unless i want to add more ringtones, right? I'm using a Mac, but i don't think that makes a difference. One more question. Isn't OpenSSH from Cydia? If i don't jailbreak the new ios5 when it comes out, how can i SSH into the file system to add more ringtones?
    unfortunately this process will have to be repeated after anytime you update your iOS or even a restore

SSH can only be achieved by jailbreaking
    09-10-2011 01:58 AM
    unfortunately this process will have to be repeated after anytime you update your iOS or even a restore

SSH can only be achieved by jailbreaking
    Well, if that's the case, then why bother with SSH? I'll just rock with what i have, and wait for IOS5 to be released. Thanks for your help.
    09-10-2011 09:16 AM
    I JB previously for lockinfo. With iOS 5, however, I will be staying pure...
    09-10-2011 05:02 PM
    I JB previously for lockinfo. With iOS 5, however, I will be staying pure...
    Me too, however i like separate notifications(ringtones) for all functions,text alert, e-mail alert, lock & unlock alerts, etc. I believe that IOS5 has this capability, without having to jailbreak. If this is true, then i'm joining Team Pure!
    09-10-2011 07:02 PM
    Already jailbroken on iOS 5b7 using sn0wbreez
    09-11-2011 01:30 PM
    I was "pure" for 24 hours this week and I could not live without sbsettings. So I am certain that if/when an untethered comes out for iOS 5 I will jailbreak. But I will be downloading iOS 5 day it is released so I'll probably end up "pure" again for a while.
    09-11-2011 01:40 PM
    Ios 5 is every thing to me, this is not in my opinEon to jailbreak my ios 5... Because i use my ipad 2 to check my CREDIT CARD, somi don't want to jailbreak it ,,,but i will jailbreak the next iphone
    09-12-2011 04:45 PM
    I JB'd to fix the abhorrent disaster that was the pre-iOS5 notification system... but I'm loving beta 7 and I don't plan on JB once fully released and available.
    grunt0300 likes this.
    09-13-2011 08:14 AM
    I can live with or without jailbreaking. I've done it. I'm currently on a tethered 4.2.10. There is nothing special about jailbreaking for me. AppCake is the only reason I do it. Other than that, I have no use for it. MyWi? Congratulations to those who still have unlimited Internet. And can't I do what MyWi does on my Verizon iPhone anyways, without MyWi or a jailbreak?

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=41.102934,-74.046424
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-13-2011 10:15 AM
    Ios 5 is every thing to me, this is not in my opinEon to jailbreak my ios 5... Because i use my ipad 2 to check my CREDIT CARD, somi don't want to jailbreak it ,,,but i will jailbreak the next iphone
    does that mean that you suspect keyloggers and such on jailbreaks? like you think jailbreaking and the apps that come with it are like viruses? because i actually had the same concerns
    09-13-2011 10:21 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD