I like the green button thing as well however it will depend on consumers will perceive the whole design change because nowadays it all at the end boils down the consumers and their perception at the end of the day which counts the most.
    Honestly? Other than the functional change of colors I doubt the everyday user is even going to notice the change haha. I am agreeing with you, the user is what counts... And the average iPhone user could honestly probably care less
    08-29-2011 01:41 PM
    Nothing I said suggested it was a fact. You're inferring from non-existent evidence. Opinions ARE opinions, but when a large majority of people knowledgeable on a subject agree on something, it usually caries more weight. People tend to like what is popular (since it can't be popular without people liking it) and the iOS SMS redesign fits in better with the evolving "web 2.0" design style which is immensely popular right now. As in, most people like it. As in, those who hate it are probably in a small minority. Hence ghostface's comment.
    how can the new sms design be popular with the majority when the majority arent developers and havent even seen it.
    also how can it be popular if it's what you're given and you dont have a choice between anything else?
    08-29-2011 05:28 PM
    how can the new sms design be popular with the majority when the majority arent developers and havent even seen it.
    also how can it be popular if it's what you're given and you dont have a choice between anything else?
    Ok, apparently you did not understand what I said. I will break it down:

iOS5 SMS design = web 2.0 design style
    web 2.0 design style = popular
    Therefore,
    iOS5 SMS design = popular

The style of design the iOS 5 SMS design is based around is very popular. Therefore, it logically follows that the iOS5 SMS design will be popular.

And re: popular as your only choice what does that have to do with anything? We're comparing the look of iOS 5 SMS design with that of iOS 4, no? So the popularity has to do with which people would prefer, 4 or 5's design. 4 is outdated. 5 is not. 5 is probably going to be more popular than 4 because of the points I mentioned above. The fact that everybody's stuck with 5's design in the future is unrelated to the topic at hand.
    Premium1 likes this.
    08-29-2011 06:13 PM
    Yup. You're totally alone.
    08-29-2011 08:20 PM
    I want my buttons to be hot pink with baby blue polka dots.
    08-30-2011 12:04 AM
    I want my buttons to be hot pink with baby blue polka dots.
    get a droid. problem solved.
    08-30-2011 12:58 AM
    I feel like being extra trolly and posting the forever alone face.
    08-30-2011 09:26 AM
    I think the whole idea is great. But more customization in the iPhone UI would be nice for people who dislike green... lol
    08-31-2011 08:04 PM
    I think the whole idea is great. But more customization in the iPhone UI would be nice for people who dislike green... lol
    I feel like I have to be Irene from the post office in 30 Rock and say: "Never Gonna Happen."
    09-01-2011 12:34 AM
    I wonder if that will become possible via a jailbreak app... guess we'll have to wait and see
    09-01-2011 08:18 AM
    I wonder if that will become possible via a jailbreak app... guess we'll have to wait and see
    This is probably gonna end up being the new antenna-gate. Green send button gate. And there will be millions of Android users dramatically saying how Apple is forcing the green send button upon their users... Yeah... XD
    BLiNK likes this.
    09-01-2011 02:12 PM
    FFS, if you do not like the green then what color do you people want??!
    09-01-2011 02:16 PM
    Green for "go". Logical to me.
    09-01-2011 04:12 PM
    FFS, if you do not like the green then what color do you people want??!
    If it was blue they would complain and demand green. They want to whine and complain....so they do.

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4 on iOS 5 b7 using Tapatalk.
    09-01-2011 06:25 PM
    OMG. I can't believe there are this many posts over the color of a stupid little button.

To be honest I didn't even notice the change. I knew something looked different but didn't know why until I came across this thread! LOL and I've been using an iPhone for over 2 years. :-p
    Premium1 likes this.
    09-01-2011 07:12 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD