Is there a photo where someone who can't upgrade to iOS 5 can see it?
    08-26-2011 12:51 PM
    maybe try here?

iOS 5 beta gallery | TiPb
    08-26-2011 12:56 PM
    here it is... much ado about nothing, IMO
    08-26-2011 01:02 PM
    I can't stand the green send button and the new bubbles. Am I alone?
    You're completely alone. Even if someone says you're not alone, they're just lying to make you feel better.
    08-26-2011 01:10 PM
    im with you... the ichat bubbles are so outdated..
    08-26-2011 01:17 PM
    You're completely alone. Even if someone says you're not alone, they're just lying to make you feel better.
    LMAO! great first post. i do not know who you are but i like you already!
    08-26-2011 01:17 PM
    LMAO! great first post. i do not know who you are but i like you already!
    If I were a drone, BLiNK, I'd agree with you. But since I'm not, unfortunately, I'm not allowed to.
    08-26-2011 01:19 PM
    Wait -- what is so different about the bubbles? I looked at the photos and they don't look different to me?
    08-26-2011 02:45 PM
    lmao you really are alone.
    08-26-2011 03:22 PM
    You're NOT the only one.

I don't know of anyone else, but I feel pity for you.
    DannyMichel likes this.
    08-26-2011 03:28 PM
    I hate the iMessage feature all but the UI.
    I think there should be a separation between Text and IMing between iOS devices. They should be two different apps.
    Anyone agree with me?
    DannyMichel likes this.
    08-27-2011 03:55 AM
    I think there should be a separation between Text and IMing between iOS devices. They should be two different apps.
    Anyone agree with me?
    good point. agreed
    Last edited by dannymichel; 08-27-2011 at 06:05 AM.
    08-27-2011 06:01 AM
    Anyone agree with me?
    I disagree. When I had a blackberry I set up ALL of my contacts, blackberry or no, into BBM so that when I had to message or text them I had one place to go to do it. It drove me NUTS having to remember whether I had to text so and so or BBM them. Personally I much prefer having them in one app. Why would you prefer it in two? I can't think of a reason lol
    08-27-2011 08:25 AM
    Anyone agree with me?
    I like the fact that it's automatic and all in the message app. I hated having to swap between BBM and SMS app back in the the day.

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4 on iOS 5 b6 using Tapatalk.
    08-27-2011 09:10 AM
    +3 I like that I can iMessage a contact if I have data, but it will automatically switch to an ordinary text when I don't. And I don't have to keep track of which of my contacts have an iPhone.

It's simple and elegant.
    08-27-2011 10:50 AM
    here it is... much ado about nothing, IMO
    I'd have to agree. Looks like the same thing to me, just green instead of blue. Actually looks better, although I really don't care what color they make it as long as it works.
    08-27-2011 11:31 AM
    I like the combined SMS & iMessage, as for the green and blue separation I think it works ver well & requires no thought which is fantastic for this Drone.
    08-27-2011 12:13 PM
    Anyone agree with me?
    Why? As it is, it's simple and intuitive. Type a message to a messaging partner and let the technology sort out the how, where and why. Having to remember which messaging client you need to use for which messaging partner is way more effort than should be required. Just open it, pick a recipient and message them. What could be more simple?
    Last edited by Fausty82; 08-27-2011 at 12:50 PM.
    08-27-2011 12:22 PM
    You can't please everyone. Fortunately the ones who don't like it are a very small minority.
    08-27-2011 12:34 PM
    Anyone agree with me?
    Why? Making it integrated allows users to automatically start saving their SMS messages without even knowing it.
    08-27-2011 04:36 PM
    You can't please everyone. Fortunately the ones who don't like it are a very small minority.
    where's you get that stat?
    Why? Making it integrated allows users to automatically start saving their SMS messages without even knowing it.
    im not really into saving things without 'my knowing it'
    08-29-2011 12:44 PM
    where's you get that stat?

im not really into saving things without 'my knowing it'
    Well, seeing as from a visual design standpoint is IS better looking (this standpoint defined by design styles popular now amongst people and designers alike) it's a pretty safe bet.

And Jello meant saving as in not using. When you iMessage, you don't use up text messages that might be limited by a person's plan. Not saving as in downloading or keeping on the phone.
    08-29-2011 01:09 PM
    Well, seeing as from a visual design standpoint is IS better looking (this standpoint defined by design styles popular now amongst people and designers alike) it's a pretty safe bet.
    thanks. i wasnt aware that was a fact.
    i always thought opinions were actual opinions
    08-29-2011 01:22 PM
    I like the green button thing as well however it will depend on consumers will perceive the whole design change because nowadays it all at the end boils down the consumers and their perception at the end of the day which counts the most.
    08-29-2011 01:32 PM
    thanks. i wasnt aware that was a fact.
    i always thought opinions were actual opinions
    Nothing I said suggested it was a fact. You're inferring from non-existent evidence. Opinions ARE opinions, but when a large majority of people knowledgeable on a subject agree on something, it usually caries more weight. People tend to like what is popular (since it can't be popular without people liking it) and the iOS SMS redesign fits in better with the evolving "web 2.0" design style which is immensely popular right now. As in, most people like it. As in, those who hate it are probably in a small minority. Hence ghostface's comment.
    08-29-2011 01:39 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD