iOS 5 Beta 6 being released Wed. Aug 17th

Ba6636

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Im betting on at least two more betas before GM. This year is very different than past years, as icloud is a MAJOR addition, and must be brought along slowly, if nothing else foe the devs.

skaramanga

Sep 19, 2008
Visit site
I feel they have made worse progress this year. Last year beta 1 was almost useless. This year beta 1 was usable. Last year the had only 4 betas before it went GM. Not happening this year

Do we really care how many betas it takes? As long as the release version is good :)

hpcomputergeek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I hope the Store button in the Newstand app gets fixed in the gold master or in beta 6. But I kinda doubt beta 6 will come out on Wednesday.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I hope the Store button in the Newstand app gets fixed in the gold master or in beta 6. But I kinda doubt beta 6 will come out on Wednesday.

That's a major "duh"... OF COURSE Apple will activate the Newsstand app in or before GM. And to state the obvious, it's NOT broken, the feature has just not yet been activated.

That's one of the stupidest comments I have ever seen.

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
For those of you running the beta version how has the battery life been? Any positives/negatives?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
There's a thread on battery life in the betas... and a random smattering of posts on this thread, as well...

Overall, I'd rate battery life of beta 4 and 5 as VERY GOOD. IMHO, it's as good or better than 4.3.3 was. I have no complaints.

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I was just about to delete my post. I don't know how I could have missed that thread right in front of me. I may need to get glasses soon! Thanks anyways

Jonmartin

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
My batt life is not soo good on beta 5. I took it off the charger at 7am made a few text messages and IM's and left it alone for the rest of the day now its like 39% at 1pm...

Im wondering if its the location based reminders draining it?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
My batt life is not soo good on beta 5. I took it off the charger at 7am made a few text messages and IM's and left it alone for the rest of the day now its like 39% at 1pm...

Im wondering if its the location based reminders draining it?

Uh, yeah... that will do it. If you have an app (or multiple apps) constantly checking GPS/cell triangulation to identify your location, you will go through battery pretty fast...

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
if there is going to be a noticeable difference, regarding battery life/usage, when using location based reminders then i have no desire in using that feature. none

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
if there is going to be a noticeable difference, regarding battery life/usage, when using location based reminders then i have no desire in using that feature. none

I have not used lcation based reminders yet but I do use a ton of location based services and my battery is fine

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Hey August 17th is tomorrow LOL, think we will see the next beta tomorrow? I am still in the it will come when it's ready camp.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711