Why won't the iOS 5 update show up for me via OTA? (Beta 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hpcomputergeek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I really wonder why this is happening. I can't wipe because I have a whole bunch of wedding pics on my iPad that I took with the iPad2. A restart won't even work at all. If anyone can help me please! iOS 5 beta 4 expires on 08/31/2011 and I have to update before then. I really need my iPad and if I get locked out I will will loose all of those pics. Please help if you can! Someone told me via iMessage that they didn't have to wipe their iPhone to do this.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I really wonder why this is happening. I can't wipe because I have a whole bunch of wedding pics on my iPad that I took with the iPad2. A restart won't even work at all. If anyone can help me please! iOS 5 beta 4 expires on 08/31/2011 and I have to update before then. I really need my iPad and if I get locked out I will will loose all of those pics. Please help if you can! Someone told me via iMessage that they didn't have to wipe their iPhone to do this.

You can't just email those pics or plug your iPad into a computer and take them out?

itsalexaye

May 8, 2011
Visit site
you dont have to wipe your iPhone. but don't you have all the pics in photo stream? then they will be restored once you wipe. and 8/31 is like 3 weeks away. surely you can get the pics off by then.

and why didnt you post this on The iOS Empire - Forums

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

That's why Apple tells you NOT to put beta software on a device that you use daily. It's meant for BETA TESTING. #justsaying

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Yea you do. Plus photos won't email. And I got more than 10 pics on my iPad.

First, you CAN email the pictures off the iPad.

Second, why not attach the iPad to you computer and sync the photos onto your PC?

Third, no you don't. I promise you that I did not wipe my iPhone or my iPad when I upgraded.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
OP is not responding when he's been told a bunch of times to take the pictures off the iPad. You gotta love people who want to bend the possible to fit their tiny little specific scenario. I want to install beta 5 over the air without wiping, syncing, backing up or taking my pictures off the device lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal