Why won't the iOS 5 update show up for me via OTA? (Beta 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ba6636

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
No it showed in B4, but the alert just happened to show up one i sinc'ed to itunes B5. Probably just a coincidence, but i thought i would mention it. Have you reset your your dev portal terms and agreement lately?

hpcomputergeek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Well, I am not an iOS developer. I paid someone to put my UDID on their account. Should I ask the seller if his account got shut down? I might as well just try what you did. I upgraded my iTunes yesterday to beta 4. Oh well. Might as well upgrade to see.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
FYI: It is clearly stated in the Apple Dev website that iOS 5 beta 5 OTA update will NOT show up until you do a wipe (Erase all content and settings). Once you do that, it downloads instantly (once you connect to wifi) and you can install it and do a restore from the iCloud.

hpcomputergeek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
FYI: It is clearly stated in the Apple Dev website that iOS 5 beta 5 OTA update will NOT show up until you do a wipe (Erase all content and settings). Once you do that, it downloads instantly (once you connect to wifi) and you can install it and do a restore from the iCloud.

Some people didn't have to. This beats the point of OTA now. :(
Hope we won't have to do this every time and I wonder why we have to do this.

Steve28

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Anyone?????

Why won't you answer the question as to why you don't just copy the photos to your computer then wipe/install?

And the reason you have to do this is because it's beta software - of course you won't have to do this with the "real" updates.

I used to test a productivity suite for the mac - and every new install we had to delete the preferences/cache files from the previous one - it's because errors/bugs can cause settings files, directories, etc. to be come corrupt in a way that would cause the software to not function properly and the only way to clear it is a wipe. The 'released' version will of course have the bugs fixed so the wipe isn't necessary.

But seriously, why won't you answer the question: why don't you just copy your photos you want to save to a computer, then wipe/install/restore?

hpcomputergeek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I just installed and synced my iPad with iTunes 10.5 beta 5. Still the update didn't show up for me.:confused::( Transferring photos over to my desktop and videos after that's done, i will wipe and see if update shows up for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR