Well, I am not an iOS developer. I paid someone to put my UDID on their account. Should I ask the seller if his account got shut down? I might as well just try what you did. I upgraded my iTunes yesterday to beta 4. Oh well. Might as well upgrade to see.
    08-07-2011 09:53 AM
    Any other ideas anyone?
    08-07-2011 09:54 AM
    Ok, just make sure you backup first. If you not a dev, beware!
    08-07-2011 09:56 AM
    Ok, just make sure you backup first. If you not a dev, beware!
    i know. i wish i could backup to iCloud right now. It won't let me turn it on. What it does i flip the switch to on go back and iCloud backup is off.
    08-07-2011 10:09 AM
    Any other ideas anyone?
    Anyone?????
    08-07-2011 10:10 AM
    Anyone?????
    Have you already tried the dozens of suggestions you've been given? What was wrong with the many ideas about how to download/save your photos and then doing a wipe/restore (as also suggested)?
    08-07-2011 12:29 PM
    Well, I am not an iOS developer. I paid someone to put my UDID on their account. Should I ask the seller if his account got shut down?
    Bingo.

10char
    itsalexaye likes this.
    08-07-2011 12:55 PM
    FYI: It is clearly stated in the Apple Dev website that iOS 5 beta 5 OTA update will NOT show up until you do a wipe (Erase all content and settings). Once you do that, it downloads instantly (once you connect to wifi) and you can install it and do a restore from the iCloud.
    itsalexaye likes this.
    08-07-2011 06:47 PM
    FYI: It is clearly stated in the Apple Dev website that iOS 5 beta 5 OTA update will NOT show up until you do a wipe (Erase all content and settings). Once you do that, it downloads instantly (once you connect to wifi) and you can install it and do a restore from the iCloud.
    Some people didn't have to. This beats the point of OTA now.
    Hope we won't have to do this every time and I wonder why we have to do this.
    08-07-2011 10:57 PM
    This beats the point of OTA now.
    I wonder why we have to do this.
    Because it's beta software and they are testing a few things??????
    08-07-2011 11:12 PM
    Anyone?????
    Why won't you answer the question as to why you don't just copy the photos to your computer then wipe/install?

And the reason you have to do this is because it's beta software - of course you won't have to do this with the "real" updates.

I used to test a productivity suite for the mac - and every new install we had to delete the preferences/cache files from the previous one - it's because errors/bugs can cause settings files, directories, etc. to be come corrupt in a way that would cause the software to not function properly and the only way to clear it is a wipe. The 'released' version will of course have the bugs fixed so the wipe isn't necessary.

But seriously, why won't you answer the question: why don't you just copy your photos you want to save to a computer, then wipe/install/restore?
    itsalexaye likes this.
    08-07-2011 11:47 PM
    I just installed and synced my iPad with iTunes 10.5 beta 5. Still the update didn't show up for me. Transferring photos over to my desktop and videos after that's done, i will wipe and see if update shows up for me.
    08-08-2011 11:27 AM
    I just installed and synced my iPad with iTunes 10.5 beta 5. Still the update didn't show up for me. Transferring photos over to my desktop and videos after that's done, i will wipe and see if update shows up for me.
    why didnt you do that in the first place?
    08-08-2011 11:50 AM
    I just don't like wiping. But update worked. But took longer.
    08-08-2011 12:19 PM
    I just don't like wiping. But update worked. But took longer.
    And we got to waste 2 days telling you over and over to do what you just did. *SMH*

See what happens when one follows the directions?
    08-08-2011 12:42 PM
    I think next time he has a question or complaint we just ignore him since he doesn't listen to our advice anyway.
    08-08-2011 12:44 PM
    I think next time he has a question or complaint we just ignore him since he doesn't listen to our advice anyway.
    Hear Hear!!
    08-08-2011 01:56 PM
    Might as well not post in these forums and go to MacRumors or iDownloadblog forums instead. No one here cares anymore.
    08-08-2011 03:16 PM
    Please close and delete this thread.
    08-08-2011 03:17 PM
    Might as well not post in these forums and go to MacRumors or iDownloadblog forums instead. No one here cares anymore.
    How can you say that? For TWO DAYS we were telling you how to solve your non-issue... and for TWO DAYS you ignored us, yet continued to beg for help. You finally solved your issue by following the advice that we had been giving you for TWO DAYS.

Just because you though you knew better than the engineers at Apple doesn't mean that "no one here cares anymore". *SMH* #wow
    08-08-2011 04:01 PM
    I will shut up now. Please someone close this and delete it.
    08-08-2011 04:31 PM
    08-08-2011 04:31 PM
    No one cares?? Dude.. you had plenty of answers and people telling you what to do... Next time LISTEN, just LISTEN ( or READ )
    08-08-2011 04:33 PM
    Please I am serious. Close this read and delete it.
    08-08-2011 04:34 PM
    No one cares?? Dude.. you had plenty of answers and people telling you what to do... Next time LISTEN, just LISTEN ( or READ )
    Please just close this thread. I will shut up now.
    08-08-2011 04:37 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD