iOS 5 beta 5 out now! Post your findings/bugs

Parkupine

Aug 10, 2011
gplus.to
I noticed this time around that when I restore my testing iPhone as new and have to setup my apple ID during the initial setup process, my apple id/e-mail address is already filled in for me... I don't remember this happening with the previous betas although I didn't try beta 4... does it pull this apple ID from the one currently signed-in to the itunes used to restore the phone? Whatever it is I am happy to have to type that e-mail address one time less in the whole setup process (I use it as a username for almost everything I subscrive to).

Nickmerc7

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I did OTA for beta5 and it worked well. Battery could be better so if beta6 is released later this week I may want to start fresh. Procedural question, when it is mentioned "start as new" do people set up as new phone using 4.3.5, install beta"6" via iTunes then restore from last beta5 backup? If not, what is recommended scenario? Thanks.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
battery could be better?? for me, it is the best it has been since 4.2.x

when people are saying "start as new" it is a process that takes place after loading the desired firmware. usually with no backup, i assume. this is how i prefer doing it, most do not

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I did OTA for beta5 and it worked well. Battery could be better so if beta6 is released later this week I may want to start fresh. Procedural question, when it is mentioned "start as new" do people set up as new phone using 4.3.5, install beta"6" via iTunes then restore from last beta5 backup? If not, what is recommended scenario? Thanks.

Yea, start as new is generally wipe, install iOS update and then DON'T restore. Pretend its a new phone and set it all up manually.

I don't have the patience for that lol. I have always done a restore (from the iCloud when going from b4 to b5) and never had any issues.

Everyone has their preference though. :)

---
- Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4 on iOS 5 b5.

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
battery could be better?? for me, it is the best it has been since 4.2.x

when people are saying "start as new" it is a process that takes place after loading the desired firmware. usually with no backup, i assume. this is how i prefer doing it, most do not

I agree... the battery life is pretty amazing on beta 5...

haxrnick

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Battery is great for me too. Now it seems the only bug I'm having is when people call my screen doesn't turn on. Just rings and I have to press the home button to see who it is. Nothing major. Just started happening.

aarora610

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Hello all, new to the forum (as you can see!). Interesting thing I noticed last night in the App Store on my iPad 2 (wifi only). In the upper right hand corner, where the search box is, the "x" button doesn't clear any text. It has to be manually be deleted.

Secondly, holding down the home button on the home screen doesn't make the icons shake so that an app can be deleted.

Weird, but not concerned, as this is part of beta testing! Thanks!

aarora610

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Maybe in my head, I thought the release date was September.. could be wrong on that. Maybe I saw speculation and have since turned it into fact in my head. Sorry.

Bugs are bugs. It seems like I have bugs that no one else does and vice-versa. I imagine there are still a fair amount of kinks in this thing.

I could also be completely wrong on that...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Maybe in my head, I thought the release date was September.. could be wrong on that. Maybe I saw speculation and have since turned it into fact in my head. Sorry.

Bugs are bugs. It seems like I have bugs that no one else does and vice-versa. I imagine there are still a fair amount of kinks in this thing.

I could also be completely wrong on that...

The only thing official was "the fall". Yes, there are bugs, but I expect them to be resolved pretty quickly... it does appear that the majority of the new features have been added, so bug squashing should not be that tough of a job...

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
iOS 5 will be out when iPhone 5 launches and no sooner gauranteed. The people who are having battery drain with location on did you try tweaking the settings of what accesses the location? I have and now I never see it in the top bar and battery has been great while I still have the functionality.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods