iOS 5 beta 5 out now! Post your findings/bugs

Hookem99

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Well for me, an actual developer / GUI designer, I'd like to help make Apple's products better. Why? Because they're gorgeous and I wouldn't want a messed up software version with issues on my phone, or anyone else's. Plus, who wouldn't want to see what awaits them in the future?

I do love it though, when people ***** and complain about how betas cause problems and are filled with bugs. When in fact that is the purpose of beta testing. I would put money on the fact that most of the people who complain like that are non-developers and acquired the beta outside of Apple's developer program. Just my 2?......

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I do love it though, when people ***** and complain about how betas cause problems and are filled with bugs. When in fact that is the purpose of beta testing. I would put money on the fact that most of the people who complain like that are non-developers and acquired the beta outside of Apple's developer program. Just my 2?......

+1. They just can't wait until the official version comes out, so they download the beta, then complain about the "bugs". Same thing with the iPhone5. They're so anxious for the "5", that they want to dump the "4", asap! This is not so much marketing strategy by Apple, as it is "dummy consumerism". I like Apple products, but not at the price of controlling my life.:eek:

jproubique

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
+1. They just can't wait until the official version comes out, so they download the beta, then complain about the "bugs". Same thing with the iPhone5. They're so anxious for the "5", that they want to dump the "4", asap! This is not so much marketing strategy by Apple, as it is "dummy consumerism". I like Apple products, but not at the price of controlling my life.:eek:

but i still want a 5

Felipe#WP

Nov 11, 1999
Visit site
its not complaining, its being a good beta tester. Your job is to report bugs.

of course you should be telling apple these bugs in the proper way, but I'm sure ppl post here and other forums to see if its only them and if someone has a solution.

I don't recall ppl crying about bugs.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
its not complaining, its being a good beta tester. Your job is to report bugs.

of course you should be telling apple these bugs in the proper way, but I'm sure ppl post here and other forums to see if its only them and if someone has a solution.

I don't recall ppl crying about bugs.

Don't you think that the developers should hire, and PAY their own testers? You download an untried product, screw up your phone, then report it and try to fix your phone that got screwed up in the first place, and do it all for free! How cool is that!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Most of the devs *do* hire their own beta testers. Some are paid. Some do it cause they like to, or get the product for free in return.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
coming from being jailbroken most of my iPhone experience; using iOS 5 betas was/is no different to me than running into tweaks/apps that caused my device to run poorly just because some dev did not know what the hell he was doing... (whew!)

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I guess what i'm saying is that this "i must have it immediately", anxiety issue is something i've never had. I'm perfectly content to run 4.3.3 until well after ios5 comes out, and until well after the first jb's come out, just to insure that my iPhone works properly, and doesn't get screwed up. If i was a developer, i'm sure that i would see things differently. That's my rant for today.:p

chriscoleman

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
anyone experience there battery draining faster with ios 5? anyway to fix this ?

I too, was suffering terrible battery drain after I loaded beta 5 OTA. I restored via iTunes, and voila... Battery life is excellent once again.

Maybe that will work for you, maybe not. Sometimes especially with beta software, different things help different people. Much I think, depends on hardware, carrier, apps, etc....

Hope you get yours right, because iOS5 is great!!

Last edited:

elcherdz

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I too, was suffering terrible battery drain after I loaded beta 5 OTA. I restored via iTunes, and voila... Battery life is excellent once again.

Maybe that will work for you, maybe not. Sometimes especially with beta software, different things help different people. Much I think, depends on hardware, carrier, apps, etc....

Hope you get yours right, because iOS5 is great!!

thanks i will restore to factory then reload my back up thanks for sharing

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I know this is probably old news since I haven't been on the forums for awhile. I had the problem with iTunes not seeing my iPad. I eventually loaded iTunes beta 4 then went back to iTunes beta 5 and everything was good.

I have the problem where connected by Wifi iTunes wants to either load as new or restore it is just a nuissance because anyone that would do either of thise things shouldn't be running the beta.

bizfox I've had that problem on released firmware. So it is a software issue but not a beta issue. Give this a try and see if it helps. Atleast once a month when I'm getting ready to put my phone to charge for the night I kill all processes in the app switcher. Then I connect the power plug and power the phone off so it charges while it's off for the entire night.

The whole people are too eager thing I learned a long time ago being JBen on my 1st gen iPhone that you don't always need the latest and greatest firmware. I waited 1 sometimes 2 versions before upgrading because setting up your JBen system wasn't as easy then. So as a result I run the beta on my iPad but my iPhone is still happily on 4.3.3 JBen and singing.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I know this is probably old news since I haven't been on the forums for awhile. I had the problem with iTunes not seeing my iPad. I eventually loaded iTunes beta 4 then went back to iTunes beta 5 and everything was good.

I have the problem where connected by Wifi iTunes wants to either load as new or restore it is just a nuissance because anyone that would do either of thise things shouldn't be running the beta.

This seems to be an ongoing issue with the beta5 - most indications point to an iTunes 10.5b5 issue... and it seems to be caused/triggered by doing wifi synching. I've had to restore 3 times so far... strange part is, it does a back up before "setting up as new", so I was able to restore from the fresh backup and it was all good again. It's more of a nuisance than anything... hopefully the beta-6 will be out soon and will have addressed this bug.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
This seems to be an ongoing issue with the beta5 - most indications point to an iTunes 10.5b5 issue... and it seems to be caused/triggered by doing wifi synching. I've had to restore 3 times so far... strange part is, it does a back up before "setting up as new", so I was able to restore from the fresh backup and it was all good again. It's more of a nuisance than anything... hopefully the beta-6 will be out soon and will have addressed this bug.

So you guys actually setup as new or restored? I'm on a Mac so maybe it's different I just quit iTunes and reboot my iPad and no more issues.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
So you guys actually setup as new or restored? I'm on a Mac so maybe it's different I just quit iTunes and reboot my iPad and no more issues.

I had to restore but restored backup to get it reading my iPhone again and I'm on a Mac. Turned off all wifi sync too and now all is well. Its a bug in beta 5 itunes

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR