iOS 5 beta 5 out now! Post your findings/bugs

matthewmspace

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Bug: When I listen to podcasts (any podcast: Macworld, iPhone/iPad Live, Mobile Nations) it skips back a second with my headphones (which are a little broken and the connection, but no issue with my iPod Touch).

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Same thing has been happening to me every day. Did you just load backup again? Or restore?

I just loaded the backup again since it was only a few hours old. I don't think it actually loaded it though, cause it only took about 4 minutes. I think it's just iTunes taking the piss.

Hookem99

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I am in the group of iTunes not recognizing my phone. I reinstalled iTunes, restored back to iOS5 b5. Now I can not sync with iTunes at all. I am also unable to restore from a iCloud back up. Trying yet again to restore and set up as new. I'll go from there.

kacabrown06

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I have the app Emoji and when I send certain icons they come out distorted. I sent my wife a red heart and she received a small black one, and the smiley I sent came out inverted. Anyone else?

Globe101

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
16 gb white iPhone 4
Usage : 7 hours 32 minutes
Standby: 12 hours 47 minutes
Love the battery life.
Findings:
- when listening to music, then receive a phone call, after call, music does not automatically start again.
- sometimes pressing play in quick task switcher, doesn't play from where left off, but a random song for the song list.

isuquinndog

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I am in the group of iTunes not recognizing my phone. I reinstalled iTunes, restored back to iOS5 b5. Now I can not sync with iTunes at all. I am also unable to restore from a iCloud back up. Trying yet again to restore and set up as new. I'll go from there.

Also in this group. Haven't tried a restore yet through iTunes. Did OTA update without wiping settings. Probably will try a restore this weekend.

Hookem99

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Also in this group. Haven't tried a restore yet through iTunes. Did OTA update without wiping settings. Probably will try a restore this weekend.

Last night I tried reinstalling iTunes b5 and then restored to iOS 5b5 and set up phone as new. All was good, until this morning. Went back to not recognizing the phone!

Hookem99

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
FYI too, I read in the dev forums this morning that Apple is discontinuing use of .mac addresses. I had no mail until just a little bit ago. Had to remove iCloud accounts off all devices and reset up with me.com instead of Mac.com. Sucks, but was expected.

hellomiggy

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't know, if anyone posted this bug up, but when listening to music or watching a video. I had this happen to me twice yesterday, on a iPad 1G and a iPod Touch 3G. While listening to music and putting the volume up or down, the Volume meter will not go along with the pressing of the side buttons. Just tested with iPhone 4 and the volume goes up and down but doesn't slide on screen...

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I don't know, if anyone posted this bug up, but when listening to music or watching a video. I had this happen to me twice yesterday, on a iPad 1G and a iPod Touch 3G. While listening to music and putting the volume up or down, the Volume meter will not go along with the pressing of the side buttons. Just tested with iPhone 4 and the volume goes up and down but doesn't slide on screen...

This is a known bug. It was mentioned in the developer release notes that was given with the OS. Apple was aware prior to them releasing the OS

bizfox

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
After recalibrating my replacement device's battery overnight, I noticed this morning that the battery meter read 97%. After performing a hard reset, the meter read 100%. Anyone noticed this?

Factors:

1. Recalibration/charging was done on my Kensington dock.
2. Phone remained unused throughout the night.
3. As I use my phone as a primary line, I initially drained the battery normally yesterday at work
from 3pm-12am with about 70% left by end of shift. Sped up the draining process by running
the Magellan app until the device died, then docked it (iPhone remained on with multitasking bar
cleared).

Update: A 2nd recalibration did the trick. Now my battery meter is more accurate.

Last edited:

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Somebody please explain to me why people rush to download "betas", when it's a known fact that most of them have bugs? What's wrong with waiting until the official release comes out? One more thing...If you're an expert with downloading the "betas", does that make you a master beta?:p

kacabrown06

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I think it's like an obsession, you always want the newest, best and baddest thing that comes out. Seeing as the new iPhone has yet to make an appearance these betas are the closest thing to it. I have it and I love it, the notification center is great and the lock screen display is extremely useful. Those are just my 2 cents.

dublex

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Somebody please explain to me why people rush to download "betas", when it's a known fact that most of them have bugs? What's wrong with waiting until the official release comes out? One more thing...If you're an expert with downloading the "betas", does that make you a master beta?:p

Well for me, an actual developer / GUI designer, I'd like to help make Apple's products better. Why? Because they're gorgeous and I wouldn't want a messed up software version with issues on my phone, or anyone else's. Plus, who wouldn't want to see what awaits them in the future?

chintan

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Microphone Problem? - iOS 5 Beta 5

Hi all,
I am experiencing weird problem with my earphone's mic after beta 4. It was not working in b4 after upgrading to beta 5 it started working again and after few days it stopped again.
Did any one experience this bug?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2