iOS 5 beta 5 out now! Post your findings/bugs

anon(415336)

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
So, I just finished "Updating" my iPhone 4 gsm. My photos are blacked out and my camera roll is gone. I wiped my iPhone, but I restored from a backup I created immediately prior to wiping...about to try restoring from that backup again...IF NOT...back to 4.3.5 I go :(
Has anybody else experienced this...and fixed this?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
It's funny how people say I wonder why the betas act so differently for different people. This thread is a perfect example of why, there are like four or five different combinations of installs people have done of beta 5. This is what happens because everyone has different apps, different level of knowledge, etc, etc. Some have done OTA without wiping, some have wiped and done restore then OTA, some have wiped setup as new then OTA, some have upgrade through iTunes, some backup wipe then upgrade through iTunes and the list goes on and on.

Alli you rock lol that picture = nerd status:D

Anyone asking where can I get iOS 5 is either A- Not a dev or B- doesn't know it's not released yet either of which means you shouldn't have it.

Update just finished, the first thing I noticed is the touch points are fixed :D In beta 4 everything I tried to select was offcenter. Now selecting has returned to normal.

Last edited:

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Pleats don't be asking where to get iOS 5. If you don't know, you shouldn't be loading it.

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
anyone having issues with email not popping up or showing on the lock screen?? i did the update ota and it was fine. i did a restore and set p as new because of camera issues and now its not working

llfloyd79

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I believe for the email to show you need to go to settings and notifications and turn it on. Not sure about the camera issue.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone seeing issues with SMS/iMessenger? I have had a couple of instances when I go into the SMS app all I see is a white screen. No list of messages, no list of people with whom I have exchanged messages. Nothing is displayed, no buttons, no text, nothing... If I hit home, then double click home to get the fast switch screen, I can close the SMS/iMessenger app. Then when I relaunch, it's back to normal.

So far, I've seen that 2 or 3 times...

Anyone else?

PwnCakes193

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I lost my spot for iOS 5 :( I had to get my iphone exchanged and now I am stuck on 4.3.5 until I can find a way to get my UDID registered again :/

iOS 5 really is an improvement!

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone seeing issues with SMS/iMessenger? I have had a couple of instances when I go into the SMS app all I see is a white screen. No list of messages, no list of people with whom I have exchanged messages. Nothing is displayed, no buttons, no text, nothing... If I hit home, then double click home to get the fast switch screen, I can close the SMS/iMessenger app. Then when I relaunch, it's back to normal.

Anyone else?

me too. also sometimes a new message won't appear and the only way for me to see it is in the notification center

Hook Man

Apr 13, 2009
Visit site

Anyone else?

Happened to me once so far

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Happened to me once so far

It seems to happen when a text comes in and the phone is locked ... you get the notification alert and at that point, the SMS/text/iMessage screen is blank (white). Kill the SMS app and go back in and everything is back to normal.

Last edited:

skaramanga

Sep 19, 2008
Visit site
I just did a straight OTA update and had no issues. camera and everything seems to be fine. No crashing at all so far. AND MY FAVORITE PART ABOUT THIS IS THEY FIXED THE BLUETOOTH STREAMING ISSUE . Thank God. No more skipping problem while streaming audio via bluetooth.

Yes! I've no problems now either. Glad they fixed that one!