Most of the devs *do* hire their own beta testers. Some are paid. Some do it cause they like to, or get the product for free in return.
    BLiNK likes this.
    08-12-2011 12:29 PM
    coming from being jailbroken most of my iPhone experience; using iOS 5 betas was/is no different to me than running into tweaks/apps that caused my device to run poorly just because some dev did not know what the hell he was doing... (whew!)
    08-12-2011 01:28 PM
    I guess what i'm saying is that this "i must have it immediately", anxiety issue is something i've never had. I'm perfectly content to run 4.3.3 until well after ios5 comes out, and until well after the first jb's come out, just to insure that my iPhone works properly, and doesn't get screwed up. If i was a developer, i'm sure that i would see things differently. That's my rant for today.
    08-12-2011 06:41 PM
    anyone experience there battery draining faster with ios 5? anyway to fix this ?
    08-14-2011 12:20 PM
    anyone experience there battery draining faster with ios 5? anyway to fix this ?
    My battery is the same or better on ios 5.

---
    - Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4 on iOS 5 b5.
    08-14-2011 01:42 PM
    Battery is great on beta 5
    08-14-2011 02:50 PM
    I too, was suffering terrible battery drain after I loaded beta 5 OTA. I restored via iTunes, and voila... Battery life is excellent once again.

Maybe that will work for you, maybe not. Sometimes especially with beta software, different things help different people. Much I think, depends on hardware, carrier, apps, etc....

Hope you get yours right, because iOS5 is great!!
    Last edited by chriscoleman; 08-14-2011 at 03:12 PM.
    08-14-2011 02:57 PM
    I too, was suffering terrible battery drain after I loaded beta 5 OTA. I restored via iTunes, and voila... Battery life is excellent once again.

Maybe that will work for you, maybe not. Sometimes especially with beta software, different things help different people. Much I think, depends on hardware, carrier, apps, etc....

Hope you get yours right, because iOS5 is great!!
    thanks i will restore to factory then reload my back up thanks for sharing
    08-14-2011 04:00 PM
    thanks i will restore to factory then reload my back up thanks for sharing
    How is your battery life now, after restoring?
    08-15-2011 07:00 AM
    What are your usage times (for those on iOS 5)??
    08-15-2011 07:13 AM
    What are your usage times (for those on iOS 5)??
    By the end of the day I'm regularly in the area of:

40 - 50% battery remaining
    15 - 17 hours standby
    2.5 - 4 hours usage
    08-15-2011 09:33 AM
    I know this is probably old news since I haven't been on the forums for awhile. I had the problem with iTunes not seeing my iPad. I eventually loaded iTunes beta 4 then went back to iTunes beta 5 and everything was good.

I have the problem where connected by Wifi iTunes wants to either load as new or restore it is just a nuissance because anyone that would do either of thise things shouldn't be running the beta.

bizfox I've had that problem on released firmware. So it is a software issue but not a beta issue. Give this a try and see if it helps. Atleast once a month when I'm getting ready to put my phone to charge for the night I kill all processes in the app switcher. Then I connect the power plug and power the phone off so it charges while it's off for the entire night.

The whole people are too eager thing I learned a long time ago being JBen on my 1st gen iPhone that you don't always need the latest and greatest firmware. I waited 1 sometimes 2 versions before upgrading because setting up your JBen system wasn't as easy then. So as a result I run the beta on my iPad but my iPhone is still happily on 4.3.3 JBen and singing.
    08-15-2011 11:44 AM
    I know this is probably old news since I haven't been on the forums for awhile. I had the problem with iTunes not seeing my iPad. I eventually loaded iTunes beta 4 then went back to iTunes beta 5 and everything was good.

I have the problem where connected by Wifi iTunes wants to either load as new or restore it is just a nuissance because anyone that would do either of thise things shouldn't be running the beta.
    This seems to be an ongoing issue with the beta5 - most indications point to an iTunes 10.5b5 issue... and it seems to be caused/triggered by doing wifi synching. I've had to restore 3 times so far... strange part is, it does a back up before "setting up as new", so I was able to restore from the fresh backup and it was all good again. It's more of a nuisance than anything... hopefully the beta-6 will be out soon and will have addressed this bug.
    08-15-2011 12:15 PM
    This seems to be an ongoing issue with the beta5 - most indications point to an iTunes 10.5b5 issue... and it seems to be caused/triggered by doing wifi synching. I've had to restore 3 times so far... strange part is, it does a back up before "setting up as new", so I was able to restore from the fresh backup and it was all good again. It's more of a nuisance than anything... hopefully the beta-6 will be out soon and will have addressed this bug.
    So you guys actually setup as new or restored? I'm on a Mac so maybe it's different I just quit iTunes and reboot my iPad and no more issues.
    08-15-2011 01:42 PM
    So you guys actually setup as new or restored? I'm on a Mac so maybe it's different I just quit iTunes and reboot my iPad and no more issues.
    I had to restore but restored backup to get it reading my iPhone again and I'm on a Mac. Turned off all wifi sync too and now all is well. Its a bug in beta 5 itunes
    08-15-2011 02:17 PM
    I set it up as new... then restored from the latest backup.
    08-15-2011 02:41 PM
    I noticed this time around that when I restore my testing iPhone as new and have to setup my apple ID during the initial setup process, my apple id/e-mail address is already filled in for me... I don't remember this happening with the previous betas although I didn't try beta 4... does it pull this apple ID from the one currently signed-in to the itunes used to restore the phone? Whatever it is I am happy to have to type that e-mail address one time less in the whole setup process (I use it as a username for almost everything I subscrive to).
    08-15-2011 02:49 PM
    I did OTA for beta5 and it worked well. Battery could be better so if beta6 is released later this week I may want to start fresh. Procedural question, when it is mentioned "start as new" do people set up as new phone using 4.3.5, install beta"6" via iTunes then restore from last beta5 backup? If not, what is recommended scenario? Thanks.
    08-16-2011 12:46 PM
    battery could be better?? for me, it is the best it has been since 4.2.x

when people are saying "start as new" it is a process that takes place after loading the desired firmware. usually with no backup, i assume. this is how i prefer doing it, most do not
    08-16-2011 01:01 PM
    I did OTA for beta5 and it worked well. Battery could be better so if beta6 is released later this week I may want to start fresh. Procedural question, when it is mentioned "start as new" do people set up as new phone using 4.3.5, install beta"6" via iTunes then restore from last beta5 backup? If not, what is recommended scenario? Thanks.
    Yea, start as new is generally wipe, install iOS update and then DON'T restore. Pretend its a new phone and set it all up manually.

I don't have the patience for that lol. I have always done a restore (from the iCloud when going from b4 to b5) and never had any issues.

Everyone has their preference though.

---
    - Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4 on iOS 5 b5.
    Last edited by MasterofPuppets; 08-16-2011 at 03:12 PM.
    08-16-2011 02:07 PM
    battery could be better?? for me, it is the best it has been since 4.2.x

when people are saying "start as new" it is a process that takes place after loading the desired firmware. usually with no backup, i assume. this is how i prefer doing it, most do not
    I agree... the battery life is pretty amazing on beta 5...
    08-16-2011 02:30 PM
    Battery is great for me too. Now it seems the only bug I'm having is when people call my screen doesn't turn on. Just rings and I have to press the home button to see who it is. Nothing major. Just started happening.
    08-16-2011 02:45 PM
    Hello all, new to the forum (as you can see!). Interesting thing I noticed last night in the App Store on my iPad 2 (wifi only). In the upper right hand corner, where the search box is, the "x" button doesn't clear any text. It has to be manually be deleted.

Secondly, holding down the home button on the home screen doesn't make the icons shake so that an app can be deleted.

Weird, but not concerned, as this is part of beta testing! Thanks!
    08-17-2011 10:14 AM
    anyone having issues enabling wifi sync on beta 5 ? i apply the setting on itunes then disconnect the iphone and it wont appear ?
    08-17-2011 12:26 PM
    anyone having issues enabling wifi sync on beta 5 ? i apply the setting on itunes then disconnect the iphone and it wont appear ?
    enabling? no. other issues? yes

hopefully beta 6 will resolve yours and others. we'll see soon..
    08-17-2011 12:31 PM
162 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD