iOS 5 beta 5 out now! Post your findings/bugs

kacabrown06

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm still having problems with my picture thumbnails being black squares, not all just a quarter of them. Other than that my iPhone is running perfectly, and my battery life is pretty sweet too!

Rodville

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok I just found this so if it was mentioned before I am sorry. I am really liking the LED flash flashing on incoming text and calls.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I noticed it only with G+ and Hurricane hunter. But both are new installs so I hadn't paid it that much attention - just thought they were lousy icons.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone seeing issues with SMS/iMessenger? I have had a couple of instances when I go into the SMS app all I see is a white screen. No list of messages, no list of people with whom I have exchanged messages. Nothing is displayed, no buttons, no text, nothing... If I hit home, then double click home to get the fast switch screen, I can close the SMS/iMessenger app. Then when I relaunch, it's back to normal.

So far, I've seen that 2 or 3 times...

Anyone else?

Not yet, I but I did see the app drawer appear once on the lock screen, thought it was odd. Can't make it happen again.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Saw something weird last night... went to iTunes and my phone was not showing up there, though I had set it up to sync wirelessly (a process which has worked flawlessly). So I grabbed the cable and connected my phone - and recognized it as having been synched on a different computer (not true). It insisted that I restore it (from a 7/21 backup) or set it up as new. Fortunately, I had NOT synched it with any other computer and everything that I needed (music, pix, etc) was on my MBP... so I swallowed hard, and chose the "new" option. It did a backup (!?) and then restored it as a new phone. It took me about 20 minutes to identify the photos, music playlists and apps that I had had on my phone and synched it again. It got me to about 99% of the previous settings - missed a couple of apps - but it put everything back in the custom folders, etc, just like it was previously. Fortunately, all of my custom tweaks (default ringtone/texttone, customized ringtones for contacts, etc) were saved/restored.

When I upgraded to beta 5, I was able to do so without wiping any settings - the OTA link just appeared... not sure if "that" had anything to do with "this"... but thought I'd mention it and see if anyone else has had any similar issue.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I had the same experience yesterday. Normal sync Sat night & Sun morning it insisted it hadn't sync'd with that computer before.

But all went well & fast - since there was nothing new.

brengla

Jun 4, 2009
Visit site
I just did a straight OTA update and had no issues. camera and everything seems to be fine. No crashing at all so far. AND MY FAVORITE PART ABOUT THIS IS THEY FIXED THE BLUETOOTH STREAMING ISSUE . Thank God. No more skipping problem while streaming audio via bluetooth.

That is awesome. Bluetooth streaming was awful - unusable, even in beta 4.

hpcomputergeek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
My iPad 2 with iOS 5 beta 5 and iTunes 10.5 beta 5 was really killing me this morning. My iPad 2 won't show up in iTunes with WiFi sync and iTunes is just so slow. But iOS 5 on the iPad is kinda faster than iOS 4.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Saw something weird last night... went to iTunes and my phone was not showing up there, though I had set it up to sync wirelessly (a process which has worked flawlessly). So I grabbed the cable and connected my phone - and recognized it as having been synched on a different computer (not true). It insisted that I restore it (from a 7/21 backup) or set it up as new. Fortunately, I had NOT synched it with any other computer and everything that I needed (music, pix, etc) was on my MBP... so I swallowed hard, and chose the "new" option. It did a backup (!?) and then restored it as a new phone. It took me about 20 minutes to identify the photos, music playlists and apps that I had had on my phone and synched it again. It got me to about 99% of the previous settings - missed a couple of apps - but it put everything back in the custom folders, etc, just like it was previously. Fortunately, all of my custom tweaks (default ringtone/texttone, customized ringtones for contacts, etc) were saved/restored.

When I upgraded to beta 5, I was able to do so without wiping any settings - the OTA link just appeared... not sure if "that" had anything to do with "this"... but thought I'd mention it and see if anyone else has had any similar issue.

Are you using iCloud at all to store backups?

JNGold

Sep 12, 2006
Visit site
That is awesome. Bluetooth streaming was awful - unusable, even in beta 4.

Running B5 and I still notice some minor skipping every few minutes or so. It's not major, but is consistent. Hopefully this be resolved fully in a subsequent update.

I also had a heck of a time with iTunes syncing where the phone would sync over wifi and the sync process would get all screwed up and try to sync EVERY single app that I have in iTunes. After a few times, I would experience a "has not synced with this device before" so I restored from an iCloud backup. I am now "in-sync" and have gotten wifi to work.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I also just noticed that after the strangeness last night (see above), I have lost my custom text tones... they were there on B5 until I did the "set up as new" and restore dance last night. I had a custom tone set for the default text tone, and a separate custom text tone for my wife...

Now SETTINGS > SOUNDS > TEXT TONES only show 2 custom tones - at the top of the "ringtones" list under TEXT TONES - and those custom tones are the active ones. The rest of the custom text tones that I had loaded (as well as my custom phone ring tones) do NOT show up on the SETTINGS > SOUNDS > TEXT TONES selection list...

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I had the same experience yesterday. Normal sync Sat night & Sun morning it insisted it hadn't sync'd with that computer before.

But all went well & fast - since there was nothing new.

Same thing has been happening to me every day. Did you just load backup again? Or restore?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner