Bug: When I listen to podcasts (any podcast: Macworld, iPhone/iPad Live, Mobile Nations) it skips back a second with my headphones (which are a little broken and the connection, but no issue with my iPod Touch).
    08-09-2011 03:41 PM
    Same thing has been happening to me every day. Did you just load backup again? Or restore?
    I just loaded the backup again since it was only a few hours old. I don't think it actually loaded it though, cause it only took about 4 minutes. I think it's just iTunes taking the ****.
    08-09-2011 04:13 PM
    So beta 5 itself seems pretty good, but it's iTunes that has the issues.
    08-09-2011 04:37 PM
    So beta 5 itself seems pretty good, but it's iTunes that has the issues.
    IMHO, the jury is still out on the cause...
    08-09-2011 04:51 PM
    Have had no issues with ios5 beta 5 , itunes is a pile of poo still

---
    - @dazzx - Twitter
    Darren Thompson -G+
    08-09-2011 05:07 PM
    I am in the group of iTunes not recognizing my phone. I reinstalled iTunes, restored back to iOS5 b5. Now I can not sync with iTunes at all. I am also unable to restore from a iCloud back up. Trying yet again to restore and set up as new. I'll go from there.
    08-09-2011 05:09 PM
    I have the app Emoji and when I send certain icons they come out distorted. I sent my wife a red heart and she received a small black one, and the smiley I sent came out inverted. Anyone else?
    08-09-2011 05:28 PM
    iTunes keeps asking me to either set-up a new iPhone or restore from back-up. It's aggravating me so much.
    08-09-2011 11:16 PM
    16 gb white iPhone 4
    Usage : 7 hours 32 minutes
    Standby: 12 hours 47 minutes
    Love the battery life.
    Findings:
    - when listening to music, then receive a phone call, after call, music does not automatically start again.
    - sometimes pressing play in quick task switcher, doesn't play from where left off, but a random song for the song list.
    08-10-2011 07:42 AM
    I am in the group of iTunes not recognizing my phone. I reinstalled iTunes, restored back to iOS5 b5. Now I can not sync with iTunes at all. I am also unable to restore from a iCloud back up. Trying yet again to restore and set up as new. I'll go from there.
    Also in this group. Haven't tried a restore yet through iTunes. Did OTA update without wiping settings. Probably will try a restore this weekend.
    08-10-2011 09:07 AM
    Also in this group. Haven't tried a restore yet through iTunes. Did OTA update without wiping settings. Probably will try a restore this weekend.
    Last night I tried reinstalling iTunes b5 and then restored to iOS 5b5 and set up phone as new. All was good, until this morning. Went back to not recognizing the phone!
    08-10-2011 11:52 AM
    Last night I tried reinstalling iTunes b5 and then restored to iOS 5b5 and set up phone as new. All was good, until this morning. Went back to not recognizing the phone!
    I think Alli said it best here:
    http://forums.tipb.com/itunes-itunes...ml#post1747053

iTunes 10.5 beta 5 is fubar.
    08-10-2011 11:55 AM
    FYI too, I read in the dev forums this morning that Apple is discontinuing use of .mac addresses. I had no mail until just a little bit ago. Had to remove iCloud accounts off all devices and reset up with me.com instead of Mac.com. Sucks, but was expected.
    08-10-2011 12:00 PM
    I don't know, if anyone posted this bug up, but when listening to music or watching a video. I had this happen to me twice yesterday, on a iPad 1G and a iPod Touch 3G. While listening to music and putting the volume up or down, the Volume meter will not go along with the pressing of the side buttons. Just tested with iPhone 4 and the volume goes up and down but doesn't slide on screen...
    08-10-2011 12:14 PM
    I don't know, if anyone posted this bug up, but when listening to music or watching a video. I had this happen to me twice yesterday, on a iPad 1G and a iPod Touch 3G. While listening to music and putting the volume up or down, the Volume meter will not go along with the pressing of the side buttons. Just tested with iPhone 4 and the volume goes up and down but doesn't slide on screen...
    This is a known bug. It was mentioned in the developer release notes that was given with the OS. Apple was aware prior to them releasing the OS
    08-10-2011 12:17 PM
    After recalibrating my replacement device's battery overnight, I noticed this morning that the battery meter read 97%. After performing a hard reset, the meter read 100%. Anyone noticed this?

Factors:

1. Recalibration/charging was done on my Kensington dock.
    2. Phone remained unused throughout the night.
    3. As I use my phone as a primary line, I initially drained the battery normally yesterday at work
    from 3pm-12am with about 70% left by end of shift. Sped up the draining process by running
    the Magellan app until the device died, then docked it (iPhone remained on with multitasking bar
    cleared).

Update: A 2nd recalibration did the trick. Now my battery meter is more accurate.
    Last edited by bizfox; 08-11-2011 at 03:51 PM.
    08-10-2011 03:56 PM
    Somebody please explain to me why people rush to download "betas", when it's a known fact that most of them have bugs? What's wrong with waiting until the official release comes out? One more thing...If you're an expert with downloading the "betas", does that make you a master beta?
    isuquinndog likes this.
    08-10-2011 10:14 PM
    I think it's like an obsession, you always want the newest, best and baddest thing that comes out. Seeing as the new iPhone has yet to make an appearance these betas are the closest thing to it. I have it and I love it, the notification center is great and the lock screen display is extremely useful. Those are just my 2 cents.
    08-10-2011 11:38 PM
    Somebody please explain to me why people rush to download "betas", when it's a known fact that most of them have bugs? What's wrong with waiting until the official release comes out? One more thing...If you're an expert with downloading the "betas", does that make you a master beta?
    Well for me, an actual developer / GUI designer, I'd like to help make Apple's products better. Why? Because they're gorgeous and I wouldn't want a messed up software version with issues on my phone, or anyone else's. Plus, who wouldn't want to see what awaits them in the future?
    Hookem99 likes this.
    08-10-2011 11:45 PM
    Hi all,
    I am experiencing weird problem with my earphone's mic after beta 4. It was not working in b4 after upgrading to beta 5 it started working again and after few days it stopped again.
    Did any one experience this bug?
    08-11-2011 02:08 AM
    Well for me, an actual developer / GUI designer, I'd like to help make Apple's products better. Why? Because they're gorgeous and I wouldn't want a messed up software version with issues on my phone, or anyone else's. Plus, who wouldn't want to see what awaits them in the future?
    I do love it though, when people ***** and complain about how betas cause problems and are filled with bugs. When in fact that is the purpose of beta testing. I would put money on the fact that most of the people who complain like that are non-developers and acquired the beta outside of Apple's developer program. Just my 2......
    grunt0300 and dublex like this.
    08-11-2011 09:57 AM
    I do love it though, when people ***** and complain about how betas cause problems and are filled with bugs. When in fact that is the purpose of beta testing. I would put money on the fact that most of the people who complain like that are non-developers and acquired the beta outside of Apple's developer program. Just my 2......
    +1. They just can't wait until the official version comes out, so they download the beta, then complain about the "bugs". Same thing with the iPhone5. They're so anxious for the "5", that they want to dump the "4", asap! This is not so much marketing strategy by Apple, as it is "dummy consumerism". I like Apple products, but not at the price of controlling my life.
    08-11-2011 10:28 AM
    +1. They just can't wait until the official version comes out, so they download the beta, then complain about the "bugs". Same thing with the iPhone5. They're so anxious for the "5", that they want to dump the "4", asap! This is not so much marketing strategy by Apple, as it is "dummy consumerism". I like Apple products, but not at the price of controlling my life.
    but i still want a 5
    08-12-2011 01:08 AM
    its not complaining, its being a good beta tester. Your job is to report bugs.

of course you should be telling apple these bugs in the proper way, but I'm sure ppl post here and other forums to see if its only them and if someone has a solution.

I don't recall ppl crying about bugs.
    08-12-2011 02:41 AM
    its not complaining, its being a good beta tester. Your job is to report bugs.

of course you should be telling apple these bugs in the proper way, but I'm sure ppl post here and other forums to see if its only them and if someone has a solution.

I don't recall ppl crying about bugs.
    Don't you think that the developers should hire, and PAY their own testers? You download an untried product, screw up your phone, then report it and try to fix your phone that got screwed up in the first place, and do it all for free! How cool is that!
    08-12-2011 10:53 AM
162 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD