Beta 5 does seem even faster!
    08-07-2011 12:44 AM
    Wow, Battery life is much better! ... Seems the same as what I was getting on 4.3.5 .. I am a happy camper, will know better after a full day of use.
    08-07-2011 01:08 AM
    My friend and I can't seem to upload a picture on Instagram that we have previously taken in our camera roll
    08-07-2011 01:19 AM
    Update, the Google+ application crashes when you try to access anything from the splash.
    Meh...I usually use g+ on my computer anyways...perhaps b6 will fix?
    08-07-2011 01:29 AM
    Update, the Google+ application crashes when you try to access anything from the splash.
    Meh...I usually use g+ on my computer anyways...perhaps b6 will fix?
    It's not an iOS issue... it's an app issue. Google will (have to) fix it.
    08-07-2011 01:44 AM
    due to my camera being a little wonky i decided to restore as new device. that threw me into an iTunes error 3194, which was corrected by editing my host file

seems to be a trend; do OTA update, then restore as new when i get the chance

camera now working great! battery life still great!

also it seems WiFi sync is considerably faster than before, for me
    08-07-2011 02:17 AM
    I wiped my phone because it wouldnt show the new update. After it loaded again i restored from back up and updated to beta 5 but now its taking forever to finish reloading everything. Its been 2 hours and i still only have 7 of 800 pictures back on my phone. Also google+ is crap on my iphone, it crashes 100% of the time. Anyone else had similar luck?
    08-07-2011 02:33 AM
    Google+ issue is exactly that. a Google+ issue

regarding your photo sync, i would stop it. sync to remove and then attempt to resync all of them again. probably wouldnt hurt to reboot the device before loading photos
    08-07-2011 02:55 AM
    I loaded via iTunes. Wife loaded OTA. Wife still had bugs carry over from beta 4 that didn't for me. Restored wife's via iTunes and it fixed those bugs. I recommend restoring via iTunes and not OTA for beta 5 if you want the best experience.
    08-07-2011 03:09 AM
    I loaded via iTunes. Wife loaded OTA. Wife still had bugs carry over from beta 4 that didn't for me. Restored wife's via iTunes and it fixed those bugs. I recommend restoring via iTunes and not OTA for beta 5 if you want the best experience.
    installing now through iTunes. i usually do it from there anyways.
    08-07-2011 03:28 AM
    OTA update went fine but I have lost all my custom tones.
    Removing and then resyncing my custom tones fixed it. Phone does feel quicker under beta 5.
    08-07-2011 05:05 AM
    So, I just finished "Updating" my iPhone 4 gsm. My photos are blacked out and my camera roll is gone. I wiped my iPhone, but I restored from a backup I created immediately prior to wiping...about to try restoring from that backup again...IF NOT...back to 4.3.5 I go
    Has anybody else experienced this...and fixed this?
    08-07-2011 08:04 AM
    It's funny how people say I wonder why the betas act so differently for different people. This thread is a perfect example of why, there are like four or five different combinations of installs people have done of beta 5. This is what happens because everyone has different apps, different level of knowledge, etc, etc. Some have done OTA without wiping, some have wiped and done restore then OTA, some have wiped setup as new then OTA, some have upgrade through iTunes, some backup wipe then upgrade through iTunes and the list goes on and on.

Alli you rock lol that picture = nerd status

Anyone asking where can I get iOS 5 is either A- Not a dev or B- doesn't know it's not released yet either of which means you shouldn't have it.

Update just finished, the first thing I noticed is the touch points are fixed In beta 4 everything I tried to select was offcenter. Now selecting has returned to normal.
    Last edited by Ipheuria; 08-07-2011 at 09:41 AM.
    Rusty Shackelford#IM and Garz like this.
    08-07-2011 09:33 AM
    TV shows not being shown in Video app. Even after unchecking and rechecking in iTunes.
    08-07-2011 11:31 AM
    Tv shows have sync'd ok but on playback it keeps skipping back half a second every minute or so. Very annoying!
    08-07-2011 12:39 PM
    Pleats don't be asking where to get iOS 5. If you don't know, you shouldn't be loading it.
    08-07-2011 01:18 PM
    anyone having issues with email not popping up or showing on the lock screen?? i did the update ota and it was fine. i did a restore and set p as new because of camera issues and now its not working
    08-07-2011 03:43 PM
    I believe for the email to show you need to go to settings and notifications and turn it on. Not sure about the camera issue.
    08-07-2011 04:07 PM
    I believe for the email to show you need to go to settings and notifications and turn it on. Not sure about the camera issue.
    i have them turned on
    08-07-2011 04:41 PM
    YAY! I have my photos back. BOO! no thumbnail versions. Also the Tapatalk app lags horribly when typing.
    pstmstr likes this.
    08-07-2011 05:02 PM
    Is anyone seeing issues with SMS/iMessenger? I have had a couple of instances when I go into the SMS app all I see is a white screen. No list of messages, no list of people with whom I have exchanged messages. Nothing is displayed, no buttons, no text, nothing... If I hit home, then double click home to get the fast switch screen, I can close the SMS/iMessenger app. Then when I relaunch, it's back to normal.

So far, I've seen that 2 or 3 times...

Anyone else?
    08-07-2011 05:50 PM
    I lost my spot for iOS 5 I had to get my iphone exchanged and now I am stuck on 4.3.5 until I can find a way to get my UDID registered again :/

iOS 5 really is an improvement!
    08-07-2011 08:00 PM
    Ive also noticed the touch points on my ipad are calibrated correctly again. That was a pain in the ars.
    08-07-2011 08:02 PM
    Is anyone seeing issues with SMS/iMessenger? I have had a couple of instances when I go into the SMS app all I see is a white screen. No list of messages, no list of people with whom I have exchanged messages. Nothing is displayed, no buttons, no text, nothing... If I hit home, then double click home to get the fast switch screen, I can close the SMS/iMessenger app. Then when I relaunch, it's back to normal.

So far, I've seen that 2 or 3 times...

Anyone else?
    me too. also sometimes a new message won't appear and the only way for me to see it is in the notification center
    08-07-2011 08:22 PM
    My ringtones aren't showing up under my text tones anymore
    08-07-2011 09:34 PM
162 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD