iOS 5 Beta 4 to expire August 31st

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
move+along+people.gif

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
This is definately not the last beta IMO there are still too many bugs and crashes. There will be a GM too which I still consider a beta, I'm weird but anything that isn't release to me is a beta.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
This is definately not the last beta IMO there are still too many bugs and crashes. There will be a GM too which I still consider a beta, I'm weird but anything that isn't release to me is a beta.

I also do believe the next one will not be GM either. Too many things still need fixing.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site

So let me understand this. If a GM build is only for developers one week before the same exact build is out to the public, you consider it beta until the commoners can get it even though it's the same exact thing?

Rodville

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
So let me understand this. If a GM build is only for developers one week before the same exact build is out to the public, you consider it beta until the commoners can get it even though it's the same exact thing?

Why not? Apple can still make tweaks to the iOS before the commoners get it. So why not consider it the final beta?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

GM is usually the version they release almost everytime so I agree to a point with you. But iOS 4.2 GM never hit for public release as Apple slightly delayed release and updated it with another GM 4.2.1. So you can say they are still beta until Apple officially releases it.

coolqf

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
How many RCs are there normally before an iOS goes to GM? I figured the iPhone 5 wouldn't be released until iOS hits V5

Rodville

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I would imagine it can vary based on the number and severity of bugs. This is the first iOS I have been in beta for so I can't say with absolute certainty.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73