Wifi sync (Windows) w/iOS 5

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
UPDATE: It looks like the install of iTunes didn't take. The installer shows a different version number than the current version of iTunes. Running the installer a second time.

old ------------------------
i cant get it to work. I installed Beta4 on Windows 7 64-bit, synced my iPhone 4 iOS5 Beta4 (OTA) multiple times, but the option for enabling WiFi sync does not show up in the phone's Summery section.

Did you do an OTA update, or a fresh update from iTunes?

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i did both actually, mainly because i have a OCD

make sure you are pairing your device first

while plugged in go to the summary section of your device, scroll to the bottom section and you should see in your options section Sync over Wi-Fi connection>select

unplug and BAM, iTunes will still show the device active

Reactions: Vic_C

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I had an issue last night on the Mac... even though I had set it all up (again - must be done each time you upgrade iTunes), it would not show as a docked device (wirelessly). I had to reboot my machine. When I restarted iTunes, it was there...

Maybe a reboot would help?

Ios5beta3

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I tried to wireless sync it I had beta 4 and beta 4 on iTunes and iPad and when I checked the box for wifi syncing I removed the plugged it didn't show on my PC or the option wifi sync on my iPad.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
lol I've had this working fine since beta 3 and I love it. Just make sure your Mac and the device is on the same wifi network and if you set it in the summary screen it should work. If it acts funny it's a pain to say but you might need to do a fresh installation of the firmware without restoring from backups.

bones7151

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm running Windows 7. I've reloaded the firmware 3 times, 2 of which were restored from backups, the last one wasn't. Same result from each reload.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
The Windows 7 part I can't help you with :( I use mine on my Mac. How did you do the install of iTunes beta 4? do you have a huge library? do you have a second computer you can use to test? What I might suggest is to install the iTunes beta fresh, which is why a small library or a spare computer would help, then try it and see if anything changes. So do you have the option on the summary screen?

bones7151

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
The first 2 tries of the firmware install were OTA. The third one was the full ipsw file restore. I've also tried it on a second computer to no avail. The library is small. When I plug in the iPhone, I do see the new wi-fi sync option on the summary screen.

Ios5beta3

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
If it still doesn't work then make sure both iOS 5b4 iTunes and iDevice and then plug it in, check the Wifi Sync option and restart your computer, try that.

bones7151

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Nope. Verified iTunes and iOS beta 4 versions, unchecked summary option, applied, rechecked, applied and then rebooted computer. When it came back up, it still didn't work.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Nope. Verified iTunes and iOS beta 4 versions, unchecked summary option, applied, rechecked, applied and then rebooted computer. When it came back up, it still didn't work.

maybe try to reset your network settings on your device or even reset your wireless router?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner